Technical Product Manager - Payments
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The candidate should have a very strong technical background in Payments space, should be a thought leader, be very familiar & abreast with recent industry development in Financial services and card payments industry space, have exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills and be an analytical and structured thinker. This individual must be able to think broadly about Visa's business and drive the expansion of the Visa Merchant Acquiring and processing (MAP) Payments platform.
The right candidate should possess a strong Technical Product Management background, with demonstrated expertise in contributing to medium to large cross-functional projects. We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated excellence as Technical Product Manager in the payments, internet or related industries. The successful candidate must be a hands-on person with proven ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with both business and technology executives.
To be successful in this position, this individual must be highly effective working both independently and in cross-functional capacities to identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine technology requirements across all categories. Successful candidates will be skilled at forging strong partnerships with business sponsors, product owners, architects, and developers to define feature sets, story maps, detailed user stories (functional and non-functional) to support the development process. This function will address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints to maximize business benefit.
Beyond the design and planning stages of the development lifecycle, strong Agile expertise is required to collaborate with Scrum teams and communicate requirements to development teams for execution and implementation.
This role will also partner with the cross-functional leadership team to help define the roadmap priorities and ensure that it remains aligned with the broader strategy and priorities. This individual will foster innovation, collaboration, leverage new technologies and champion impactful change to build Visa's technology brand through internal and external initiatives.
- 8+ years of “overall” industry experience within a technology environment, with a track record of successfully delivering complex software systems or services. As part of the work experience; candidate should have at least 4+ years of experience specifically in Card Payments / Financial Services space
- Extensive Hands-on Experience in creating mapping documents / writing pseudo code to map to specifications of acquirer processor (like First Data, Tsys, Chase Paymentech etc.)
- Experience working on an enterprise Payment Gateway dealing with Card Present and Card Not Present capability set.
- Experience working on various payment methods like credit card, SEPA, Electronic Check, Alternate payments like Paypal, Alipay etc.
- Experience working with major card networks like Visa, Master, Amex etc. and understand payment lifecycle (Auth, Clear, Settle, Chargeback)
- Experience in payment messages such as ISO 8583, APACS etc.
- Working Knowledge of 3DSecure (Verified by Visa, Mastercard SecureCode, American Express SafeKey, JCB Secure etc.)
- Experience in security technologies like digital signature, hashes, encryption etc.
- Technical experience in Java/MS technologies, API (SOAP & Rest) and Web Development
- Hands on experience in developing roadmaps, writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Proficiency working in an agile environment.
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with clients and partners at all levels
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, executives, product, and technology stakeholders
- Strong relationship management skills
- Solid business acumen
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
- Fast learner on both technical and business side
- Strong customer centric mindset.
- Comfortable operating in a matrix setup
- Proactive, demonstrate sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Detail and results oriented, able to analyze data to justify product decisions and apply key learnings.
- Strong internal & external stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to stay organized while managing competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ IT or equivalent.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.