DevOps Engineer - Token ID
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Token ID is a Visa company.
What's it all about?
The DevOps Engineer supports in acceleration towards a faster test and deployment rhythm to provide a stronger technology advantage and is collaborating with Software Engineering to deploy and operate the systems in the QA environment.
The DevOps Engineer is part of the Payments Product Group and reports to the Director, Engineering. The role has no direct reports.
What we expect of you, day to day
- Automates infrastructure, workflows and continuously measuring application performance
- Reduces the differences between different environments for each product
- Organizes information-sharing meetings with engineering teams about DevOps mindset and cultural change needed to embrace it
- Provides answers to developers for their concerns about infrastructure and 3rd party services
- Increases the resiliency of the product
- Provides continuously deployed and maintained environment to the developers in order to be able to catch any error in the earliest phase possible. Increasing the deployment speed and frequency
- Implements code to define how environments are built and deployed. The code should provide an abstraction for different kinds of platform-hardware. Moreover, the abstraction gives the ability to build at scale
- Attaches application-specific monitoring, auditing, backup, and compliance modules and services
- Puts operational agility, responsibility, and debts into design architectures
- Helps to secure cloud-native infrastructure spanning from development to production
- Manages release/promotions across environments (AWS/other environments) and across various levels of application environments (production/testing/development)
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains
- Working side by side with the developers to understand the inner-workings of the apps and helps them to build their apps scalable and reliable
- Creating and maintaining systems documentation
- Having a strong knowledge of Linux systems internals with a good understanding of networking and protocols
- Maintains information security in the workplace and in the organization
- Acts as L3 level support for the cloud infrastructure and deployment
- Takes part in 24/7 on-call rotations to support customers on production
- Becomes a member of SaaS Service Team Experts (SSTE) whose responsibility is supporting other teams like SaaS Security Incident Manager (SSIM), SaaS Security Team (SST), and SaaS Security Analyst (SSA) by collecting required evidence from production environment for the analysis of a security incident.
- Promotes and implements DevOps as a philosophy
- Successfully manage the relationship and expectations with the client and all stakeholders
- Timely delivery of automated deployment of software releases
- Monitoring and logging application and infrastructure services
- Manage Cloud Infrastructure as code without manual interfering
- Makes sure that SaaS deployments meet their Service Level Objectives (SLOs) like availability and performance
- Makes sure that SaaS deployments are and stays compliant with relevant standards such as PCI DSS and ISO 27001
- Applicable areas of the quality management system
- Following relevant ISO procedures
Thinking about careers differently..
For this role the key skills required are...
- Public cloud provider knowledge is a big plus
- Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Experience with environment baking tools such as Cloudformation, Terraform, and Packer
- Experience in centralised log management and tools such as Fluentd, ELK stack, Graylog
- Monitoring experience for distributed systems (Monitoring across Kubernetes cluster) with tools like Prometheus and Grafana
- Administration experience with any Linux distribution
- Fluency in the mechanics of the internet, including TCP/IP, DNS, caching
- Scripting experience for automating administration workflows
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Token ID is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.