Senior Network Engineer - Visa Payments Limited
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Network Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Senior Network Engineer delivers technical network services by designing, maintaining, and supporting the network environment, analysis of business requirements, identifying opportunities and pursuing these in line with business objectives, with a particular focus on data systems, process and documentation.
This role is also to provide 2nd/3rd line support and infrastructure project assistance across the business which includes being an escalation point for all Visa Payments Limited IT issues. The Senior Network Engineer will need to engage with the wider Visa organisation and O&I departments to understand current processes and capabilities. These principles will then be followed when designing, delivering and providing or updating infrastructure.
What we expect of you, day to day
- Last line of escalation for network support incidents escalated
- Responsible for all datacenter network hardware and respond to any problems/incidents with a resolution (including critical out of working hours issues – this has involved several 24 hour shifts this year as we phased out old, failing hardware)
- Project management of all critical network infrastructure implementations ensuring systems are well planned, accurately built to spec, delivered on time and well documented.
- Work with other teams across the company to spec and build solutions for their needs.
- Manage the delivery of technical solutions for recurring technical issues, ensuring that long term fixes are implemented to prevent any repeat failures.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network devices.
- Working with and configuring network devices/having an excellent understanding of the entire VPL network and traffic flow
- Producing technical documentation for all new systems and implementations
- Attending technical workshops and being the authority on design decisions
- Firm understanding of company security policies/ISO 21001 and how to build systems to adhere to them.
- Responsible for assuring quality, timeliness, best-cost, and path diversity for all sites
Thinking about careers differently...
For this role the key skills required are...
- Extensive experience in infrastructure/network environments and designing, planning, documenting, and implementing networks using latest technologies.
- Solid engineering knowledge of network hardware, specifically Cisco routers, Cisco and Nexus switches, Cisco Firepower firewalls, Cisco ASA firewalls, PaloAlto firewalls.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and dynamic routing protocols including BGP and OSPF.
- Experience in high availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
- Experience in data centre network designs (L2/L3, vPC, VDC, Spanning tree, VRF, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Strong knowledge of WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, IPSec VPN, MPLS VPN).
- Strong understanding of Cisco ISE and working knowledge of AAA and NAC (802.1X)
- Experience in Network and Cyber security
- Self-sufficient with the ability to make engineering decisions within the documented architecture
- Advanced process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal in English) skills
- PCCNA or CCNP Routing and Switching certification or CCIE certification is desirable
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa Payments Limited is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.