Sales Instructional Designer
- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays
Visa University's Productions team is making employee development an integral part of life at Visa where every employee, regardless of level and location, will have access to a wealth of resources to be even more effective.
- We are a start-up within a large, global organization
- We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners
- We combine rigor, data and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
- Visa University Productions uses Human-Centered Design and Agile approaches to design and develop innovative and engaging learning experiences
- We like to innovate, prototype, test, launch and evaluate.
- We are comfortable learning from our mistakes
- You aer passionate about designing and developing, at the speed of business, compelling and innovative learning experiences that improve individual outcomes and deliver measurable business results
- You keep the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do, applying human-centered design and design thinking in an Agile environment
- You have a growth mindset and stay up-to-date not only on what’s current in learning and development, but also the industry and business environment in which you operate
- You embrace a global mindset, designing applicable experiences for any and all regions and cultures worldwide
- You are proactive, resourceful, action-oriented and adept at dealing with ambiguity
- You are skilled at building relationships across functions, levels and geographies
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional design or related field.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in learning solutions design and development, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional design or related / Master's degree preferred
- You are a team player with the ability to work, collaborate and communicate effectively with peers and leaders across multiple functions, yet self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, with enthusiasm and resourcefulness when tackling unfamiliar tasks and requests.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You practice human-centered design, design thinking and Agile
- You are experienced with a variety of modern learning modalities/channels, e.g., VILT, MOOCs, simulations, experiential learning, micro learning, videos, social learning, coaching, etc.
- Ability to translate content into a visual, multimedia experience, leveraging graphics, motion graphics, audio and visual design skills
- You have prior experience or exposure to designing and developing emerging learning experiences including VR/AR, chatbots, adaptive learning, game-based learning and immersive scenario-based learning
- Experienced using a variety of authoring tools (Storyline, Rise, Articulate, Camtasia, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Comfortable with being a consultant and engaging in dialog with stakeholders
- You demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to complete projects on time
- Prior experieince in payments is highly preferred
1. Have demonstrated experience in designing and developing Sales training programs (i.e. consultative selling, account planning, objection handling, Sales new hire training, etc.) in a worldwide sales organization
2. Uses knowledge of Sales process and methodologies to design, develop, and implement selling-focused learning solutions aligned with business priorities and initiatives
3. Apply best practice content design and development knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to develop impactful, blended-training and non-training deliverables that will achieve the goals of the Sales organization
4. Identify learning needs: You will use human-centered design approach to discover, synthesize and clearly articulate learning needs, with a deep understanding of your target audience.
5. Translate needs into learning experiences: You will analyze and recommend creative solutions for performance improvement, addressing identified knowledge and skill gaps.
- You will use your design and development expertise to build innovative and impactful learning solutions.
- You will need to be adept at both designing and producing learning experiences yourself as well as providing direction for design and production work done by select external providers as needed.
6. Develop and grow key relationships: You will form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal stakeholders and subject matter experts. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these relationships: from ensuring buy-in with an internal stakeholder, to collaborating with subject matter experts and potential learners in designing learning experiences. You will work in an Agile, cross-functional team and collaborate with peers on larger projects and solutions.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel domestically 0-10%
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.