Software Engineer - Sr. Consultant level (m/f/d)
- Poznań, Poland
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will work on a payment terminal management capability for one of Cybersource platforms. You will be a part of international, distributed team working in Scrum methodology.
As all development teams in the organization are mission teams, you will be responsible for delivering functionalities end to end – implement, write tests, deploy and perform QA. You will focus on the services that your team owns but will also make changes to other services.
The ability to work independently and support colleagues inside and outside of the team is essential for this position. You will be working closely with the Product Owner to help refining tasks, give time estimates and actively connect business needs with the team capabilities to propose technical solutions. You will stay up to date with other teams’ activities and make sure that team goals are aligned with the company strategy.
- Implement backend services – both new ones as well as extend/support existing ones
- Design and define contracts between frontend and backend services
- Coordinate work between backend and frontend developers
- Support release and external QA tests
- 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 9+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3+years of experience with a PhD
- Deep understanding of RESTful webservices and microservice architecture
- Proven experience developing Java-based microservices using Java 11, Spring Boot (MVC, Data, Security)
- Understanding and experience adjusting application development lifecycle, CI/CD
- Experience in writing maintainable code using TDD/BDD paradigms
- Very good understanding of clean code principles – SOLID, KISS, DRY, Clean Architecture
- Proven knowledge of implementing data intensive performant applications on scale
- Practical expertise with containerization and orchestration – Docker, Kubernetes
- Practical experience using Amazon Web Services – SNS, SQS, DynamoDB
- SQL – MySQL, query optimization, ORM
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Nice to have Domain Driven Design
- Nice to have experience working with Kotlin and other JVM languages
- 40 hours per week
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.