Sr. Software Engineer - Full-Stack (m/f/d)
- Munich, Germany
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will work on a payment terminal management capability for one of Cybersource platforms. You will be a part of international, distributed team working in Scrum methodology.
Being part of a mission team, you will be responsible for delivering functionalities end to end – implement, write tests, deploy and perform QA. You will be responsible for developing new features for customers facing ReactJS application and it’s dedicated Java backend microservice.
We are looking for either:
- Backend engineer that knows and feels comfortable working with the ReactJS frontend and would like to evolve into Fullstack developer
- Fullstack developer proficient on working with both frontend and backend
- Implement UI modules for customer-facing application based on provided wireframes
- Design and define contracts between frontend and backend services
- Make changes to the backend code, work together with the team on having business logic delivered
- Grow into a joining point for frontend and backend activities
- Suggest, drive and support improvements to the frontend and backend APIs and architecture
- 2 years of work experience in Java (Spring) and Frontend (ReactJS) technologies with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in Java (Spring) and Frontend (ReactJS) technologies or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Deep understanding of RESTful webservices and microservice architecture
- Proven proficiency in React, Redux, ES6, CSS in JS, Sass, HTML, and NodeJS
- Java-based microservices using Java 11, Spring Boot
- Application development lifecycle, CI/CD
- Writing maintainable code using TDD/BDD paradigms
- Good understanding of clean code principles – SOLID, KISS, DRY, Clean Architecture
- Proven knowledge of writing data intensive performant applications on scale
- Containers and orchestration – Docker, Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services familiarity
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Nice to have: experience working with Kotlin and other JVM languages; Webpack, Angular
- 40 hours per week
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.