Summer Intern - Global Network Operations Centre
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
As part of the Visa Operations and Infrastructure Team, the Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) plays a critical part in ensuring the Global Visa Network is up and running at all times. With teams in Europe, Asia Pacific and the United States, we proactively monitor, investigate and restore connectivity issues, by working with our internal support teams and external Vendors.
Global Network Operations Center interns will learn the incident lifecycle by -
• Using key applications to monitor the Visa Network.
• Learn how to raise, update and close incidents using our AskNow application.
• Use knowledge gained from your degree course in daily operational activities, such as Cisco skills.
• Build relationships with vendors and internal support teams
• Understand the importance of network outages to Visa Clients and Cardholders.
• Current university student graduating in 2022 or later
• Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Network Engineering or a STEM/technical field
• Experience/knowledge of troubleshooting networks using Cisco commands
• Good team player and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good communication skills
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.