Staff Software Engineer ( L3 - ETL & Reporting)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Resolve Online (VROL) is a web-based and System Interface application that enforces the rules and workflow of disputes for Visa Clients. VROL is a mandated service that is crucial to the Visa brand promise of providing secure and reliable payment services. The system ensures that cardholders, merchants, and financial institutions have a clear dispute process, and makes resolution of disputed transactions fast and easy. As a member of the VROL Level 3 development team you will:
- Develop ETL solutions for Visa Resolve Online including ETL processing, billing, reports, analytics, financial processing, merchant data processing
- Develop complex SQL routines and Jaspersoft reports and fine tune existing graphs and reports
- Provide third and fourth level support for incident management activities in both production and client certification environment with root cause analysis, identifying the solution and propose changes to prevent similar issues in the future
- Design, Develop, Document and maintain tools and utilities for automation and enhanced monitoring
- Support, maintain, and enhance the production and Member testing systems presentment to ensure services are provided as per SLA
- Perform technical analysis, review technical design, coding, unit testing, and support activities
- Participate in production implementations, providing all necessary support to ensure successful resolution of issues
- Collaborate closely and foster partnerships with second level support, development, and Test Engineering teams to fast track issue resolutions, and ensure efficient use of resources
- Collaborate with upstream/downstream systems and technology leads to design and implement solutions that meet business needs
- Translate business requirements and conceptual approach into technical design;
- create technical specifications, and implementation plans;
- Foster partnerships with second level support, Development, and Test Engineering teams to fast track issue resolutions, and ensure efficient use of resources
- Contribute to the development of requirements, specifications, and use cases for assigned projects
- Work with QA teams to ensure quality of code in test cycles, and provide support in resolving defects in a timely manner
- Support business partners for user acceptance testing, present solutions to key stakeholders and demonstrate working software to leads and management
- Follow existing application standards, conventions, and best practices as part of the existing SDLC
- Develop Job Schedule and create runbook for operations to handle the issues/failure for the features and jobs developed
- Ensure that applications and code are compliant with Visa security requirements and code is developed as per the development methodology
- Collaborate and work with resources deployed globally, including staff, vendors, and offshore partners; and work with limited direction
- Help drive continuous improvement around processes and technical capabilities using various tools and leverage production statistics by working with Architecture, QA, Operations and external groups to the program
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree in Computer Science or similar field in the financial services industry.
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD in Computer Science or similar field in the financial services industry.
- Hands-on experience in developing and supporting business applications for large corporations with experience in both batch and online systems
- Experience in developing solutions using ETL tools like CloverDX, Talend, Ab Initio, Pentaho or other ETL Tool. Past project experience using CloverDX or Ab Initio preferred.
- Experience working with Reporting tools like Jasper, MicroStrategy or Actuate. Past project experience using Jaspersoft or Actuate preferred.
- Relational database and strong SQL development experience required; Experience with DB2 preferred.
- Experience with Big data technologies and No-SQL database like Cassandra preferred.
- Experience in shell scripting and strong knowledge of Perl or python scripting would be preferred
- Development experience in a cross-platform, multi-tier environment and on ETL or Reporting production infrastructure.
- Experience working on production issues as Level3/Level4 support in troubleshooting and provide a quick resolution.
- Experience with scheduling tools like CA-ESP or Autosys desirable.
- Basic knowledge of Java required.
- Experience of using source code versioning system like SVN or GIT along with Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- Some basic mainframe knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to develop code that follows established coding guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle required.
- Good knowledge on Dev, QA, production, processes and environments.
- Good Knowledge of Software Configuration techniques and Code Promotion techniques
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local laws.