Senior Software Engineer - Cybersource Platform - Java, Microservices
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Merchant & Acquirer Processing team is going through transformation to converge our enterprise and small business platforms while maintaining our market leading position and strong brand reputation across these segments. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be integral part of this transformation and will be solving challenging business problems and build highly scalable and available applications that provide an excellent user experience. Here are key responsibilities of the role -
- Design, document and implement new systems, as well as enhancements and modifications to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java best practices.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed business expectations
- Identify opportunities for product innovation and strive for improvements to best practices, standards and processes
- Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time with good code quality
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Bachelors Degree / Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required. Having 4-7 years of experience in Software Development.
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher
- Expertise with Spring, Vertx frameworks
- Development experience in building Microservices & Containers and specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON and XML, good to have - Dockers and Kubernetes
- Experience with Relational or NoSQL database
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins or such build automation tools
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and iterative software development lifecycle principles
- Previous experience with financial services/payments processing experience a big plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.