Director, US Client Marketing
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This is an exciting time to join Visa's U.S. Client Marketing team, as we strengthen our focus on deepening relationships with established issuer and merchant Clients and launch Visa products with partners in Fintech.
As part of the U.S. Client Marketing team, the Director is responsible for the development and implementation of holistic marketing plans to support client, product and payments marketing campaigns in the U.S. with the goal of demonstrating the value Visa brings to clients and cardholders. Clients may include traditional issuers, co-brand partners, emerging Fintech opportunities, and strategic relationships.
The Director will lead data-driven marketing initiatives for Visa’s U.S. Issuing clients, including credit, debit, Small Business and Commercial. The strategies will drive Visa purchase volume, Value Added Services revenue and overall client engagement. The ideal candidate deeply understands the changing payments marketing environment, has credit/debit marketing consulting experience, and is driven to create breakthrough work across all channels. A successful candidate will demonstrate a strong strategic mindset, amazing communication skills, and client service mentality. We seek experienced, proactive, high-achieving professionals to build marketing solutions with and for our clients.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA)
- You have significant experience in marketing in the financial services or payments sector, working in a fast moving environment.
- Deep expertise in payments space and client marketing
- You have 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD)
- 10 or more years business experience, with majority in marketing/advertising or consulting roles; strong experience in client/account management
- You have solid experience in B2C and B2B marketing and strategic partnership development; payments experience is highly preferred
- You demonstrate strong business & financial acumen, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- You demonstrate strong project management, planning, teamwork, relationship-building skills and experience in leading through influence
- You have prior experience in managing creative, experiential, media, and social/digital agency partners
- Ability to generate and manage work-back timelines and navigate risks/obstacles
- You have strong executive presence; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient on all Microsoft products including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Advanced level PowerPoint
- No Relocation package is available
- No immigration support for this role will be available
- You will leverage industry and Visa data, market research, best practices, etc. to gather and synthesize deep audience insights and deliver relevant recommendations to clients/stakeholders
- You will work cross- functionally across Marketing, Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA), Sales, Product and Innovation teams to deliver as One Visa
- You will design and oversee the successful execution of integrated B2C and B2B campaign activations, across multiple channels, including digital, social, OOH, experiential/event and point-of-sale
- You will coordinate communication with sales, legal, product, creative, experiential & media agencies and implement high-impact programs on-time and on-budget.
- You will optimize Visa Consumer and Commercial Marketing platforms/initiatives for Clients
- You will leverage Visa’s iconic sponsorship platforms (NFL, Olympics, FIFA World Cup), as appropriate, to achieve client and Visa’s objectives
- You will lead the measurement, analysis, and reporting of marketing program performance and its impact on business results
- You will support new business development, RFPs and renewals as the business demands
- You will develop and manage marketing contracts
- You will develop and manage Value Added Services Revenue forecast for key clients
- You will oversee budget management and financial discipline for all campaigns
- You will lead a team of one Marketing Manager
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Travel: This role may require 20% travel within the US
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.