Technical Program Analyst - Infrastructure Design
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Technology Planning and Program Management (PPM) team in the IT Operations and Infrastructure group is looking for an experienced TPA-Infrastructure Design to lead and direct large complex end-to-end IT initiatives. In this role you’ll lead initiatives at the heart of Visa’s growth strategy, be at the center of teams working to solve some of the most challenging IT infrastructure and platform growth, scale and resiliency problems, all while delivering new features, products and services to customers across the global payments and financial services marketplace.
You’ll work across Product, Development, and IT Infrastructure Engineering technology domains (compute, storage, database, network, middleware, operations, etc.) interacting with the some of the best and brightest engineers, architects, and product leads pushing the boundaries of what’s achievable in delivering new and innovative payment solutions to the masses.
You’ll need a solid technical foundation of both depth and breadth to guide teams in planning, designing and delivering large-scale high volume and resilient platforms to our customers. Your passion for excellence coupled with uncompromising standards and a positive principle-centered approach to leadership will help lift the initiatives you lead to new levels of performance.
- Infrastructure Design with end-to-end management of program/delivery within a specific Visa Technology or Product group with alignment to strategic business objectives.
- Transform technical requirements to formalize infrastructure design and blueprints
- To plan, design, build, and deliver hardware and software infrastructure for platforms and solutions to meet a deadline.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including internal stakeholders (Product Managers, Engineers, Architects, etc.), and external customers and vendors to formalize program and project roadmaps. .
- Responsible for managing project scope and change control, creating accurate and inclusive estimates, management of program budgets vs actual spend, and project schedules, while proactively mitigating risks that could impact milestones and deliverables.
- Drive clear, concise and actionable meetings that bring the right partners to the table and drive decision-making.
- Enable technical discussions and communicate regularly with senior leadership on technical issues, program status, and escalations.
- Provide leadership and oversight of program performance and financials ensuring compliance with Visa Project Management Methodology (PMM) and Information Security policies and procedures.
- Work with virtual teams located in different time zones and with differing cultures.
- Positively influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or MIS with an Advanced Technical Degree.
- 7 or more years of work experience or more than 5 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters) in Computer Science, Software Engineering
- Work experience in IT Technical Program Management and/or Solution Design practices enabling infrastructure (HW/SW) design, development, and deployment. Demonstrated understanding of solution design and planning for IT infrastructure projects encompassing high availability and high volume service platforms with significant experience leveraging lean/agile methodologies.
- Experience working with and understanding distributed computing environments within and across Public & Private Clouds and technology domains (compute & storage systems, middleware, database, network, demand/capacity planning, and/or application development)
- Experience with IT Architecture (high-level & detail-level design, blueprinting, design patterns) and Project Management Tools (Clarity, MS Project, Rally, Jira, etc.)
- PMP/Solution Architecture or similar certifications
- Naturally exude team-building, motivating, and conflict-resolving qualities
- Exemplary English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Cross-cultural and diverse teams' collaboration and partnership
- Healthy obsession with over-delivering quality project results on-time and on-budget
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.