- Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 20,500 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Compliance Rules Officer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The purpose of the Group Compliance Function (GCF) is to assist senior management to effectively manage designated risks, and to support the business by being an expert trusted advisor, overseeing a robust, integrated and effective risk control framework.
The group risk control framework will include (but not necessarily be limited to):
- Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF/Sanctions)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Data Protection (DP)
And on the associated monitoring and reporting obligations; including but not limited to:
- Suspicious activity identification, monitoring and reporting
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Assess and respond to Compliance related transaction queries initiated by our Network Partners, Beneficiary banks or from our own internal compliance controls.
- Ensure responses are sent in a timely manner in line with our internal SLAs and deadlines set by the Banks.
- Collaborate with the screening and monitoring team on high risk cases, escalating any actual or suspected sanctions matches or financial crime concerns.
- Identify any reoccurring issues raised by the bank, and effectively resolve any problems resulting in the reduction of Bank requests.
- Escalate trends or spikes in query volume by customer or partner to ensure we can pro-actively identify delays or issues.
- Engage with clients to understand customer activity following alerts or requests from bank partners.
- Understand our internal automated transaction monitoring and screening tools, applying rules to enhance their effectiveness
- Identify, investigate anomalous transaction patterns
- Identify, investigate, actual or suspected financial crime incidents
- Assist the Senior Compliance Analysts and Managers with analysis of current and future screening and monitoring requirements as required
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance
- The risk-assessment of proposed markets, products and counterparties (clients and partners)
- Collation, assessment and recording of counterparty due diligence
- Other compliance officers with monitoring reviews and audits
- Other compliance officers with detailed resolution work re compliance issues, queries and concerns raised both internally and externally as directed by the Nominated Officer By committing to learning relevant compliance legislation and regulation
- Ad-hoc compliance project work (e.g. Data Protection, Fraud)
- Develop an understanding of operations, payment processes and I.T (the Product)
- 5-7 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in financial/corporate sector payments, FX and/or compliance
- Understanding of IT systems, operational and/or product development payment processes, especially in e-Commerce environments for retail and/or corporate payments
Your Personal Attributes
- Courteous and friendly nature (team player)
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Recognizes the importance of attention to detail (regulatory environment)
- Motivated to learn and able to identify and utilize learning opportunities
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet
Working Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners and clients.