Technical Program Manager (Infrastructure Design)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Technology Planning and Program Management (PPM) team in the Operations and Infrastructure group is looking for an experienced Technical Program Managers to lead and direct large complex end-to-end IT initiatives. In this role you’ll lead initiatives at the heart of Visa’s growth strategy, be at the center of teams working to solve some of the most challenging growth, scale and resiliency problems, all while delivering new features, products and services to customers across the global payments and financial services marketplace.
You’ll work across the Product, Product Development, Infrastructure Engineering technology domains (compute, storage, database, network, middleware, & operations, etc.) interacting with the some of the best and brightest engineers, architects, and product leads pushing the boundaries of what’s achievable in delivering new and innovative payment solutions to the masses.
You’ll need a solid technical foundation of both depth and breadth to guide teams in planning, designing and delivering large-scale high volume and resilient platforms to our customers. Your passion for excellence coupled with uncompromising standards and a positive principle-centered approach to leadership will help lift the programs you lead to new levels of performance.
- End-to-end Program Management within a specific Visa’s Technology and Product group with alignment to strategic business objectives
- Collaborate across functional groups including internal stakeholders (Product Managers, Engineers, Architects, etc.), and external customers and vendors to formalize program and project roadmaps & priorities to plan, design, build, and deliver hardware and software infrastructure for platforms and solutions to meet a deadline
- Responsible for managing project scope and change control, creating accurate and inclusive estimates, management of program budgets vs actual spend, and project schedules, while proactively mitigating risks that could impact milestones and deliverables
- Drive clear, concise and actionable meetings that bring the right partners to the table and drive decision-making
- Lead transformation of raw thoughts into clear technical requirements to formalize technical designs and infrastructure blueprints
- Lead technical discussions and communicate regularly with senior leadership on technical issues, program status, and escalations
- Provide leadership and oversight of program performance and financials and ensure compliance with management and information security policies
- Work with virtual teams located in different time zones and with differing cultures
- Use abilities to positively influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations
- 4-10 years of work experience with a bachelor's degree
- Experience in Technical Program Management or Solution Architecture practices enabling infrastructure (HW/SW) design, development, and deployment
- Demonstrated understanding of architecture planning and infrastructure projects for high availability and high-volume service platforms with significant experience in organizations bringing to bear lean/agile methodologies
- U.S. work authorization; Visa will not sponsor in connection with this position.
- 3+ years’ experience working with and understanding distributed environments within and across Public & Private Clouds and technology domains (compute & storage systems, middleware, database, network, demand/capacity planning, and/or application development)
- PMP/Solution Architecture or similar certifications
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM, XP, Lean & Kanban, etc.) methodologies
- Preferred Experience with Architecture and Project Management Tools
- Preferred ITIL v3 and TOGAF Certification
- Naturally exude team building, motivating, and conflict-resolving qualities
- Exemplary English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Cross-cultural and diverse teams' collaboration and partnership
- Healthy obsession with over-delivering quality project results on-time and on-budget
- This position can be filled in either Austin, TX or Highlands Ranch, CO
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Requires availability to meet with teams in the Asia Pacific and Europe time zones on a regular basis
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.