Sr. SW Engineer (Site Reliability [SRE])
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Inc is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as a Site Reliability Engineer. As a member of the SRE team in our Singapore office, the SRE Engineer will be ensuring reproducibility, auditability and traceability of all deliverable. The team maintains the systems and owns related processes to ensure high quality of delivery standards. The Site Reliability Engineer and Configuration Management Engineer will handle the daily responsibilities supporting the release needs of agile scrum teams. These tasks include configuration identification, change management, build and release management, version control, and source code auditing/reporting, environment support and troubleshooting. The Site ReliaEngineer will establish working relationships with one or more teams, providing assistance through the development cycle for any required changes to the build/release/version-control processes required to get a product released into test and production environments.
Cross-functional team coordination and communications skills are essential.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required
- 3+ years of industry experience overall with at least 2 years of experience in Release/ DEVOPS or System Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience in Release/ DEVOPS or System Engineering
- Solid exposure in Docker containers technology
- Build and troubleshoot build issues in java applications
- Exposure to CHEF (preferable)
- Linux and Shell Scripting and Automation
- Advance knowledge with one or more build management tools (Anthill, BuildForge, CruiseControl, Bamboo, Hudson, etc.)
- Experience in deployment management tool - Jenkins, both in setup and support is highly desired
- Expert knowledge of CM concepts (codelines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
- Experience with structured build files/tools (ant, Maven)Experience with a scripting language (Perl, Python, bash)
- Advance knowledge and experience with Linux and UNIX
- Should have working experience with monitoring tools like OPPNET and/or SPLUNK, or any other monitoring tools/processes
- Experience in working with Oracle and/or MySQL DB’s
- Experience with Java web environments (Websphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat (Must))
- Experience with multiple software version control systems (GIT(Must), Subversion, ClearCase, Perforce, etc.)
- Experience with Change Management tools (Jira, ClearQuest, etc.)
- Good attention to detail, someone who takes ownership and pride in all work
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage distributed teams
- Passion for quality in CM processes
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with continuously changing priorities
- Ability to move forward given ambiguous conditions
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Results driven; does what it takes to get the job done and naturally goes the extra mile
- Ability to manage multiple deployments simultaneously and prioritize time with minimal supervision
- Complete understanding of the software development life-cycle
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (scrum, xp, etc.)
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.