Technical Product Manager
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Solution Architect, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
Visa Cloud Platform is looking for a highly motivated and experienced technical product manager who has a passion for excellence, to advance development of Visa cloud computing initiatives. Visa Cloud Platform focuses on expansive private cloud capabilities including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS services. CloudView portal manages the infrastructure elements for Visa Cloud Platform with the highest level of scalability, reliability and security with the capability of auto-provisioning servers, automatic updates to load balancers, DNS servers and Firewalls.
In this role, you will work closely with software engineers, solution architects and other product managers to build perfect layouts, user interface components, and single page applications for CloudView.
- Develop technical strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality and simple features
- Work with a diverse team of product owners and developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Analyze existing product offering for and provide recommendations for improvement
- Act as technical thought leader in the development process, cross-team collaboration, prioritizing and grooming the product backlog
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and introduce them when appropriate
- Fielding inquiries and requests for support from stakeholders
- Contribute to robust business cases and optimized product investments through review, analysis and challenge to ensure business assumptions are valid
- Design use cases end-to-end and provide optimal user experience, without over engineering by truly understanding the user and customer pain points that include infrastructure and application life cycle management
- Prioritize deliverables based on customer requirements and engage with development teams to ensure smooth deliverable that meets originating requirements
- Complete technical documentation to deliver comprehensive user-guides, demos and FAQs with an eye for detail, tailored to various audiences
- Collaborate with international, agile technical and management teams daily, working together to deliver as one
- Articulate product requirements to various audiences (high level to low level technical details)
- Report progress and key product metrics to stakeholders and management.
- Define KPI's for development teams to improve product
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to maximize product and use case focus
- Manage 18 month roadmap with support from peers, leads and development teams.
- 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering or Technical Product Management with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters/MBA/JD, PhD) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology
- 2+ years of experience and domain knowledge in cloud computing platforms, preferably building and delivering compute products & services
- Ability to articulate deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different solutions
- Have experience with development/automation and strong passion to promote developer productivity
- Experience adapting development methodologies appropriate to different stages/maturities of a product’s lifecycle
- Familiar with the level of security, privacy, compliance and associated risk-management considerations required to build highly trustworthy and reliable internet-based financial applications.
- Knowledge of PCI DSS Level 2 requirements desired
- Knowledge and understanding across a wide range of technology domains and application frameworks and have ability to quickly grasp relationships of various disciplines
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units and to comprehend complex business initiatives
- Have a strong passion towards consistency and standardization when it comes to documentation and presentations
- Strong influence, advocacy and communication skills
- Have exceptional written and verbal skills with experience writing technical documentation, user-guides and FAQs
- Passionate, self-driven, creative problem solver with can-do attitude
- Ability to influence development teams and senior stakeholders to gain support for delivering product solutions against a standardized methodology
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.