Sr Manager, Client Consulting - Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Paris, France
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as Sr Manager, Client Consulting - Visa Consulting & Analytics we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
We create value
These three words sum up what Visa Consulting & Analytics offers issuers, acquirers, retailers and others – and does for Visa Europe. In every case, we set out to increase the client's portfolio performance, boosting profitable growth and reducing costs. This usually entails enhancing operational efficiency and managing risk. We create value in terms of P&L, but also stronger relationships, making Visa a genuine partner of choice. That makes VCA a powerful resource.
Visa Consulting and Analytics Europe provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, and analytics to financial institutions and merchants. With its deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, the team addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances Visa's strategic and tactical performance.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter and highly motivated individual who would like to work in an intellectually & professionally challenging environment and can contribute to building up the Consulting and Analytics practice.
Core responsibility of the Senior Consultant will be to deliver selective consulting activities in France, Belgium and Luxembourg and will be deployed to key projects in the cluster and potentially more broadly across Europe.
What we expect of you, day to day.
He/She will effectively manage a pipeline of engagements from early lead stages, project kick-off to delivery. These engagements will vary greatly in scope and value and, although the pipeline will be driven mainly by traditional bank card issuers, the Senior Consultant range will also encompass merchants, acquirers and processors; government entities; as well as new entrants and non-traditional players in the virtual and physical payments ecosystem.
He/she will report into the Head of Visa FBL Consulting to deliver projects for Visa clients in the payments domain team as well as supporting our VCA Europe goals more broadly across the region. The FBL Cluster is part of our Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) Europe arm.
- Understand our customers’ business objectives, needs, plans with the broader France, Belgium and Luxembourg Account Relationship Management Team and bring valuable insights
- Identify opportunities and potential for improvement to help Visa clients in growing their business
- Develop and propose appropriate strategies and business solutions to the clients and manage the delivery of high quality consultancy engagements in the FBL European Cluster
- Management of internal and external project team members and gain consensus with others and coordinate team of consultants and subject matter experts around goal
- Surpass Visa Consulting and Analytics sales and revenue targets across the three markets and take a leading role in winning major Visa deal bids, including influencing network RFP decisions and cross-selling Visa value-added services
- Support FBL Consulting Team and the broader VCA Europe team in achieving the goals for the clusters as well as to support Account Executives in subject expertise areas
- Initiate and execute Thought Leadership projects on the future of payment and retail banking to our clients and partners
- Leverage Visa’s innovation, product and data capabilities to further grow our clients’ business by working together with the sales and product teams as well as the Visa Innovation and Data Sciences team
- Support Visa Consulting and Analytics practice development by developing skills, tools and innovative methodologies on personal and on team level
- Demonstrated senior level experience in strategy / management consulting; with proven project deliveries and expertise in consulting methodologies
- Excellent analytical skill set with an ability to think strategically, ability to frame customer’s opportunity in financial terms, challenge the status quo, and provide recommendations
- Exposure to retail banking and/or payment card industry and/or merchant retail business is a plus. Knowledge of payments in general, loyalty, co-branding, digital marketing, security and risk management, innovation and/or big data and analytics (preferred but not required)
- Project management skills are a key requirement given that this role involves managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Comprehensive knowledge of data analytics methodologies and tools and the use of data insights for business growth
- Excellent client relationship management skills (on senior executive level and across all levels of an organisation) and ability to develop a credible point of view on a variety of industry topics, acting as a trusted advisor and show thought leadership
- Strong sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
- Have an entrepreneurial approach and vision; proactive self-starter seeking initiatives to advance
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to comprehend and convey complex technical information
- Strong Business Acumen and Business Analysis Skills (research and analyse market and client information to tell a story)
- Technology/Digitally-savvy and an understanding of consumer economics/behaviour
- Curiosity & willingness to learn and develop as a professional
- Fluent in English (written & verbal) and ability to travel
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic experience (preferred)