Cloud Security Engineer - DevOps
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Cloud Security Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Fraedom was acquired by Visa in 2018. Fraedom are a Software-as-a-Service technology company providing payments and transaction management solutions for financial institutions and their corporate customers
We have an exciting role available for a Cloud Security Engineer to join our tight-knit London based security team. We deliver cloud-based solutions across our global technology platform, used by some of the world’s largest banks. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering security solutions which enable Fraedom’s rapid expansion into the cloud.
The solutions you will work on will range from helping to design and implement hybrid security networks, to security tools that plug into our build pipeline.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You will identify viable solutions to complex business and technical issues
- You will regularly engage with other security technologists and be expected to demonstrate deep knowledge and understanding of various security concepts
- You will design secure cloud systems through the application of security patterns and principles, to meet user needs while managing risks
- Compliance is very important at Fraedom and you will help ensure we meet our requirements
- You will also provide guidance and support to other cloud engineers on creating and delivering secure applications
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Strong knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation or Terraform).
- Strong scripting and or coding skills
- In depth knowledge of Public/Private/Hybrid cloud networking
- Familiar with Identity and access management
- Worked with code management tooling such as GitHub or Gitlab
- Understand CI/CD pipeline tooling and deployments
- Demonstrating experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Experience working in a professional environment on public cloud
- Experience working as a developer or a build engineer
- Experience working in roles supporting other teams
- Experience of working in a close Agile / Scrum team
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.