Senior Systems Analyst - DevOps
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our systems and applications are exceedingly available and exceptionally performing. We are into the business, which touch everyone’s pocket if card is being used for transaction. Those transactions are happening within fraction of seconds. In addition, within a second, thousands of transactions happen concurrently. Our service is not limited to one junction; we are in 200+ countries.
Security is our prior concern. We develop an environment, which is reliable for transactions happening more than a trillion in value. Millions of cyberattacks is always challenging and give us more confidence to make our environment more assured. Availability is ensuring to security. Our environments are available round the clock. As technology is changing day by day, we believe in continuous enhancement of ourselves and like to deep dive of present-day knowledge.
What are responsibilities of Senior Systems Analyst?
- Prime responsibility of Senior Systems Analyst is to make sure that environment is secure and safe. All security findings should be remediated within required resolution date defined by governance.
- We do not allow outage, even for a second. If any issue happens, as owner of the environment we do the needful to make sure those environments are up and running. Root cause analysis should be within hours. We make sure that findings are remediated in Production environment after all tests and checks in lower environments.
- As owner of environment, we keep track of all activities planned or happening in our environments. We are responsible for deploying new code in the environment.
- We look and analyze our environment regularly. If there is a manual task, we do automation of that. We are increasing selfheal capabilities and will continue to do the same until environments become auto-heal.
- If a new service is coming under our support or if migration of old environment is going to happen to new technologies, we start interaction with product developer to sketch out planning for production.
- As our business is running round the clock, we work in shift and synchronize with multiple locations and multiple tracks (sub team).
- We make sure that every activity is being recorded as per incident or change management process. Technical and related run books need to be prepared and shared with the team.
- As Senior member of the team, be a technical mentor for rest of the team.
- Engineering degree in IT or Computer Science
- Having 8+ years of IT experience with expertise in DevOps, Build and release Engineering, Cloud Infrastructure and Automation, Tech support.
- Ability to work as team player
- Good written and communication skills
- Punctual to office time and work
- Great with problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to effectively prioritize and coordinate
- Ability to learn fast and implement latest technology trends in the Industry
- Good understanding of CI/CD technologies.
- Core Skills on Dockers, DevOps, Linux.
- DevOps experience with Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Good experience in java based web applications
- Implementing CI/CD process
- Expertise in Trouble shouting on java applications in Tomcat services and Web application in Apache.
- Good Exposure on Virtualization and Containers (Docker).
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting (Bash) / Java Script / Python / Other
- Worked with Docker and created multiple containers and images and also had experience on writing the Dockerfile
- Created the deployments, services and ingress flows for the application setup in the Kubernetes cluster.
- Participated in release level discussions and gone through the total SDLC and Agile methodology
- Support on-call for all DevOps activities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.