Product Analyst, Data and Risk Solutions
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data Solutions team is responsible for leading the strategy, prioritization, development and delivery of Visa’s product roadmap for all data solutions in the Japan market. The team collaborates with local, regional, and global stakeholders to develop the go-to-market plan for Visa’s Open Data capabilities, scale Visa’s Identity & Security solutions, as well as deliver Visa’s data solutions roadmap. Our aim is to enable Visa clients and partners to drive better customer engagement and outcomes to grow their business. The team is at the vanguard of transforming Visa’s business model by capturing new payment flows and increasing value-added services revenue.
What an Analyst of Data Solutions does at Visa:
This role will be a core member of the Japan Data Solutions team and play a key role in implementing and enhancing Visa’s data solutions including Identity & Security products as well as other Data products in Visa’s overall suite of data solutions. You will help Visa clients to implement new Visa products, optimize the usage of existing data products and also cross-sell other appropriate Visa offerings to solve client pain points.
This role will require close collaboration with internal stakeholders like client relationship managers and operational support teams both in Japan and Singapore to enable timely integration and enablement.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive growth in value-added-services uptake and revenue through the rollout of flagship and new data products and services associated with fraud management products (Visa Risk Manager and Visa Advanced Authorization), 3-D Secure related products, Visa Analytics Platform and other dispute-related products.
- Lead discussions with prospective clients on Visa’s solutions and identify the issues and challenges which the clients are facing.
- Drive implementation through regional and global teams, in close collaboration with other key functional areas including Risk, Merchant Sales and Acquiring and Strategy.
- Provide first level of support for users as needed.
- Create and execute the optimization plan for existing users by providing them with both the quantitative and qualitative feedback which should be identified together with local and regional Data Solutions team.
- Provide local leadership and expertise on various data products and solutions in close collaboration with the regional data solutions team and drive and support local adoption
- Create and enhance the products and offering including the localization of sales materials.
Why this is important to Visa
To enable Visa’s goal of becoming a network-of-networks, it will be critical to ensure Visa plays an active role in the emerging data economy. The use of data to facilitate innovative financial services and revenues will become increasingly important to Visa’s clients and our expertise and track record as the leading payments network in the world means Visa is best placed to fulfil these requirements. The Visa Data Solutions team and the broader Visa product team will be at the leading edge of this transformation and will provide the vision and roadmap to make it a reality.
What you will need:
- 5 years’ combined experience in product development or consulting with preferably 2-3 years in payment systems and/or financial services.
- BA/BS/B Eng. degree in related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including Sales, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment with global and regional teams.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Native Japanese or equivalent and command of English
What will also help:
- Strong data analytics background with a demonstrated ability to translate business needs into creative and engaging output.
- Working knowledge of business intelligence/reporting tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau with related experience analyzing data as well as writing queries and reports.
- Ability to evolve strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Experience in fraud management or 3-D Secure related projects.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive product development and delivery.
- Ability to interpret requirement documents and update documents accordingly.
- Aptitude for understanding, digesting and analyzing complex systems integration.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management.
- Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Japan, we are currently unable to consider applicants based overseas who would require immigration sponsorship to live and work in Japan.