Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the
best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global
vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a
global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our
VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and
businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of
cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working
with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial
services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics
and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout
the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people
around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong,
thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who
continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of
digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how
Visa is everywhere you want to be
The successful candidate will be playing a key role in the VISA Network Processing Platform and Reliability Test Engineering team's automation and functional Testing stream. This candidate for this position will be responsible in delivering technical solutions for various application testing needs. This position will be involved in designing internal tools for necessary improvements for varied applications in scope.
- Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of systems, integration and regression testing, and support the development of automated test scripts to be used to automate regression testing and managing the overall test artifacts and test execution
- Test planning and Test strategy development using industry best practices
- Log software defects in the Visa standard defect tracking tool and work with development team on defect resolution
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Participate in code reviews with team members.
- Provide support to User Acceptance Testing in terms of data set up and support activities.
- Manage stakeholder expectations.
- Developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Foster partnerships with upstream and downstream teams including system analysts, architects, developers, and product owners or clients to ensure alignment and consistency in reducing product risk throughout the SDLC.
- Create and implement Continuous Improvement plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or relevant field required
- 4+ years relevant work experience with functional and non-functional testing of applications and expertise in test automation with tools like Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber.
- Strong coding experience on Java.
- Hands-on experience in building automation frameworks for complex UI Automation.
- Strong knowledge of database query tools like to write and run complex queries for data validation on databases like SQL, MySQL, DB2.
- Strong understanding of Agile, Scrum, and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of test management tools such as JIRA / Rally.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
Good to have
- Experience in payments or Banking Industries
- Prior Mainframe exposure is a plus
- Experience in managing CI/CD and Build tools : Git, SVN, Maven, Gradle & Jenkins, Bamboo
- Exposure to on-demand execution services: Selenium Grid, Sauce Labs, Dockers.