Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Limited as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer we want to hear from you.
You’re an individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer delivers technical infrastructure services by designing, maintaining and developing the infrastructure environment, analysis of business requirements, identifying opportunities and pursuing these in line with business objectives, with a particular focus on data systems, process and documentation. This role is also to provide 2nd/3rd line support and infrastructure project assistance across the business which includes being an escalation point for all IT Service Desk requests and be part of the wider IT Operations team.
The main function of the team is to provide support to the end users, maintain and support our infrastructure including the cloud-based environments and services. The team is form of 6 members (2 Junior Analysts, 2 System administrators, one IT Infrastructure Engineer and one Network/Windows Analyst). The Senior Infrastructure Engineer sits within the IT Windows Operations team which is part of a bigger team, IT Operations and is going to work closely with IT Infrastructure Manager on maintaining and delivering improvements of the different levels of the infrastructure.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Last line of escalation for technical support incidents escalated from junior engineers
- Responsible for all datacenter hardware and respond to any problems/incidents with a resolution (including critical out of working hours issues – this has involved several 24 hour shifts this year as we phased out old, failing hardware)
- Project management of all critical infrastructure IT implementations ensuring systems are well planned, accurately built to spec, delivered on time and well documented
- Work with other teams across the company to spec and build solutions for their needs
- Responsible for all Windows based enterprise applications including resiliency, maintenance and problem handling
- Manage all VMWare technologies across the estate including vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, HA and network configuration
- Responsible for AWS cloud environment including and new implementations and responding to any issues with a prompt resolution
- Spec, plan and build all major datacenter implementations including network equipment, host servers, SAN and other storage devices, security devices
- Automation of Windows/Office 365/AD/Azure AD based tasks using PowerShell
- Automation of VMware using PowerCLI
- Scripting and automation within AWS using AWScli
- Responsible for all enterprise security products including Forcepoint DLP, proxy, mail filter and Symantec antivirus
- Working with and configuring network devices/having an excellent understanding of the entire Earthport network and traffic flow
- Manage existing Azure AD environment including all AAD SSO enabled enterprise applications and conditional access rules
- Manage Office 365 estate including Exchange Online, Teams, Sharepoint & OneDrive
- Producing technical documentation for all new systems and implementations
- Maintenance/upgrades for all operating systems including Windows Servers, ESXi, vCenter, HPE firmware, storage firmware
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory and how it integrates with Azure AD
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016/2019 including IIS, DNS, DHCP and Group policy
- Expert knowledge of client operating systems including Windows 7 and all versions of Windows 10
- Working with deployment technologies including MDT/SCCM
- Azure Active Directory Connect knowledge and advanced troubleshooting
- Knowledge of NetApp SAN systems and how to maintain
- Manage Microsoft audits and Microsoft licensing purchasing/renewals
- Firm understanding of company security policies/ISO 21001 and how to build systems to adhere to them
What we’re after…
- Experience working at a senior technical level within corporate IT
- VMware datacenter products; ESXi, vCenter, vSphere replication, HA
- SAN/Storage systems, installation and maintenance
- Microsoft Windows Server technologies; AD, DNS, IIS, DHCP, TCPIP, DFSR
- Office 365 and Exchange Online
- Azure AD and SSO
- PowerShell, AWScli and PowerCLI automation
- Forcepoint Security Portal and Manager
- Good technical knowledge of Azure and AWS
- Experienced in project managing large IT projects and seeing them through from spec, plan, implementation and documentation
- Work well with colleagues at any level and across the organisation
- Keen to learn and enthusiastic about embracing new technologies
- Significant experience working in Corporate IT
- CCNA or CCNP
- Vmware Certified Professional 6 NV
- Azure or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- SQL server management
- Web development and SharePoint
- Terraform and deployment automation
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa Payments Limited is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.