Senior Software Engineer - Mobile, Front End, or Full Stack - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) develops and manages platform-oriented technology to advance the global growth of digital commerce and the mobilization of payments. Pairing a customer-first approach and relentless product innovation, we build the underlying technologies that enhance value propositions for Visa cardholders and business partners around the world. Our focus is to build profoundly simple apps that embed into our customers' everyday lives.
You are first and foremost a passionate and talented engineer who is a self-starter and can work in a fast-paced, agile environment. Your strong analytical skills, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
**Please apply to this req if you are interested in being considered for future openings as a Mobile, Front End, or Full Stack Engineer**
For a Mobile Role
- You will apply your expertise of iOS or Android platform to configure, build and validate mobile apps for clients
- Work as a part of scrum team executing the products requirements working with UX, product management and other teams in an agile manner.
- Develop mobile framework and UI based on best practices.
For a Front End Role
For a Full Stack Role
- Design, implement, and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components using Java/SQL and functional programming paradigm.
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Preference for a BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related field
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Familiarity with Payment and Mobile Banking business domains a plus
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects.
- Strong interpersonal & facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills.
- Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work with distributed global teams
For a Mobile Role
- Knowledge of iOS tools, technologies - Instruments, TestFlight, Apple developer ecosystem, AppStore requirements and upload process, Objective-C and Swift, networking, architecture and design patterns.
- Knowledge of iOS platform and OWASP security practices. Experience using XCode.
- Experience using Android native components - Activities, Services, Broadcast Receiver, Content Provider, Web Services, Fragments and Support Libraries
- Experience using Java, Kotlin, Espresso, Android SDK, Android Studio, Eclipse IDE, Gradle, Microsoft AppCenter.
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
For a Front End Role
For a Full Stack Role
- You are a Java, Java EE expert with relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise Java applications and have experience with UI technologies.
- You have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container-based technologies.
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Junit
- Knowledge of React JS and other UI Technologies or the ability to learn them quickly is a Bonus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.