Business Development Leader
- Lima, Peru
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying business development, to increase card acceptance and merchant coverage in the Andean region, with focus on the Peruvian market, by working with merchants, acquiring banks and other internal and external stakeholders. The role will be responsible for the execution of the Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) business plan for Peru in coordination with the LAC and Global hierarchy and corresponding strategies. Position will be located at the Visa office in Lima, Peru.
· Support the creation and implementation of the MS&A Strategy for the Peruvian market
· Analyze market data and interact with other market teams to identify Merchant and Acquiring development opportunities in line with the plans
· Identify, develop and manage key merchant accounts. Manage relationship programs, add value to strategic merchants, acquirers and issuers through the development and implementation of initiatives that increase acceptance and use of Visa products. Responsible for measuring and monitoring the results of those activities.
· Develop alliances with key merchants and other stakeholders to achieve brand preference including initiatives related to product, marketing and technology
· Ensure coordination with internal teams for the execution of the acceptance activities
· Add value to acquiring clients through the set of products and services available for the market
· Main accountability is for the implementation of the Acceptance strategy and proposing adjustments as deemed necessary as market conditions evolve in Peru
· Position will be responsible for managing the budget assigned to ensure implementation of plans is done on a timely basis and within available resources
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
· Position will report to Head of Merchant Sales & Acquiring Andean/CAR&CA Regions
· He/she will interact internally with Sales, Products and Marketing teams, among others, and the MS&A Regional and Global teams.
· Externally the position will interact with several stakeholders, including acquiring clients, merchants and Third Party Agents.
· Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes; card acquiring experience desired in the Peruvian market
· Marketing knowledge in Latin America
· Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance including P&L responsibility
· Sales and/or Industry Management experience
· Excellent business planning and project management skills
· Ability to work independently and engage multiple levels of management in key decisions where required for the business
· Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
· Ability to multi-task numerous projects concurrently
· Ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships
· Understanding of Merchant Acquiring business in particular
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in retail or payments industry preferable
· Fluent in Spanish- MUST
· Fluent in English
· Ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations
· Excellent presentation skills
Experience & Education Required
• Bachelor’s Degree “business/ economic”
• MBA desirable
Other Required Characteristics
• Leadership/Influential skills
• Analytical Skills
• People-oriented/Team Player
• Strong interpersonal abilities – must project credibility and integrity
• Flexible with hours
• Goal seeker
• Ability to multitask
• Detail oriented
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.