Director of Engineering – Singapore Innovation Center
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world.
Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Are you passionate about conceptualizing, nurturing, developing and proving new ideas and developing them into new solutions? Would you like to help create the next major innovation in and around the payment landscape pioneering and leveraging the most advanced devices, hardware and software in the world, anything and everything in and around world’s largest payment ecosystem?
We’re looking for a seasoned individual to drive game-changing innovation in and around Visa’s partner eco-system for Asia Pacific. You should have experience building multi-skilled teams capable of rapid prototyping of new ideas. You and your team will be at the forefront of strategic partnerships, breakthrough technologies, new ideas, hackathons, demos and rapid prototyping. You will work closely with business development teams, partners and internal product teams and cross- leverage engineering talent internally and externally.
- Be at the heart of developing new ideas into demo-able products by working closely with advanced technology and high profile IP
- Work alongside and collaborate with UX, art, engineering, and partner teams to deliver products, features, services, and tools
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles from technical requirements, software designs, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Explore and innovate new technologies, features, and tools
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables
- Be scrappy and leverage the small team to the fullest to work on multiple parallel POCs and incubation efforts.
- Use stubs as needed to simulate capabilities lighting up in the near future.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Provide feedback into core product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy.
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience in people leadership role
- Passion for innovation, new ideas, quick prototyping, hackathons etc.
- Prior work exploring and innovating new IP, genres, and product experiences
- Professional experience in ideation and incubation which has led to shipping products
- Multi-disciplinary skills and experience in ideation, software design, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Solid understanding of payment industry and multi-channel commerce space
- Experience, ideas and opinions about emerging trends such as “Internet of Things”
- Proven skill-set and track record in developing one line ideas into products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- Have an open-minded approach to development strategy and approaches
- Team builder and capable of building culture for innovation
- Excellent collaborator and network builder
- Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks for web development, APIs and Mobile application development on diverse platforms
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.