Operations Associate, Visa Developer Platform
- Foster City, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Visa has built the world’s premier payments networks with advanced processing and value added services. “Visanet” is capable of handling more than 50,000 transactions per second, with convenience, reliability, and security, including fraud protection for consumers and guaranteed payment for merchants.
In response to the accelerating pace of change in the payments industry, Visa is extending its network, opening access to payment capabilities, and encouraging participation by new stakeholders in the payments ecosystem. To do that, we are unbundling our products, rationalizing them into consumable services (APIs and SDKs), and opening them up to a broader set of stakeholders through Visa Developer. Visa Developer enables financial institutions, merchants, strategic partners, and independent software vendors to more easily use our network, value-added services, and data assets. Through a best-in-class online developer experience and supporting expert services and tools, developers will be able to readily discover, access, integrate, and test what they need from Visa to create new and innovative solutions for their customers.
This role within the “Visa Developer Platform – Business Operations” organization will be expected to utilize program management skills and technical expertise to work with Visa clients who want to take advantage of the value provided by the API products on VDP. The role will also work with internal stakeholders to create/develop onboarding documentation and processes for new Visa API products and improve the end-to-end client onboarding and implementation experience.
- Own, manage and lead each client’s experience during the onboarding and implementation process. This involves communicating with clients and staff and coordinating project and onboarding tasks.
- Provide technical support to clients for connectivity and credential management.
- Lead the development of Visa Developer client onboarding processes and documentation for new API products.
- Proactively recommend areas for reengineering in the VDP client onboarding experience by creating and owning requirements and working cross functionally to optimize the processes for efficiency, self-service and decreased time to production.
- Review clients requesting production access to VDP against current Governance Process. Verify the accuracy of documentation submitted by clients for Visa Developer onboarding.
- Help define ongoing legal and regulatory reviews as part of the Visa Developer Governance Process.
- Work with Engineering to validate Product onboarding procedures and ensure smooth production releases
- Assist in the development of knowledge based articles and training resulting from analyzing issue trends.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Experience communicating and explaining complicated processes and procedures to external clients.
- Understanding of SaaS Enterprise architecture principles and experience with web service based systems. Familiarity with web development and support tools.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex web applications, API gateways, integration and environment issues (REST and SOAP web service calls, SSL Mutual Authentication, oAuth) Ability to manage issues by prioritizing and researching.
- Experience managing process change in a large matrixed environment, understanding of roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders involved and documenting re-engineering requirements.
- Must have the maturity to lead client troubleshooting calls for all client levels and expertise.
- Ability to multi task and switch focus as needed.
- Must have strong relationship management and facilitation skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Prioritizes and meets strict deadlines with continual attention to detail.
- Demonstrates sound decision making using good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft tools including Office, Outlook, One Note, Visio, Teams and Sharepoint. Familiarity with Snagit, JIRA and Splunk.
Normal business hours plus occasional early and late calls to accommodate other regional teams.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.