Visa Direct - Card Payments Products Lead, Senior Director
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (sending and receiving financial institutions, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology. Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payouts to shared economy providers), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), and more. The push payments market is estimated to be more than $80 Trillion of payment volume globally.
This role will be responsible for managing the Card Payments Product initiatives within the Visa Direct team. These include overall product management of Push to Card (OCT) and Pull from Card (AFT) services with a particular emphasis on supporting growth of Cross Border payment flows, new use cases and bolstering Visa Direct’s competitiveness with ACH and RTP schemes for domestic payments. The Card Payments Product Lead will work closely with counterparts focused on Push to Account, Push to Wallet as well as Money Movement (Settlement, Liquidity and FX) to ensure a unified customer experience across an increasingly diverse set of new endpoints.
- Evolve Visa’s strategy to support simple, transparent, scalable payments solutions that allow originators to move money more easily
- Drive enhancements to the product architecture to allow originators to deliver payments cross border as well as to reduce barriers for new use cases (generally tied to data, regulatory compliance, risk or other ecosystem factors)
- Drive progress with Push to Card for disbursements on a global basis, with particular emphasis on North America, Europe and CEMEA
- Client interaction with top corporate/treasury bank executives, e.g. Head of Payments, Head of Treasury Products as well as their equivalents within Acquirers, Processors and PSPs
- Ensure Visa Direct’s roadmap supports overall commercial targets for all payment types and use cases
- People management responsibility is expected to be added to this role, but at this time it is an individual contributor
- Senior leadership interaction within Visa including executives from Compliance, Legal, Regulatory, Risk, Sales, Marketing, Product, Investor Relations, Corporate Development, Corporate Strategy and Technology
- Business and platform architecture
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of experience in product management
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven leader with a track record for successfully developing or transforming complex, global platforms.
- 8+ years of experience, including at least 4 years of experience in a payments leadership role.
- Knowledge of predominant payment schemes in strategic markets, i.e. ACH, RTP, SWIFT, Cards.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on outcomes.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results.
- Ability to inspire and influence those without direct management responsibility.
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way.
- Comfort leading and working closely with cross-functional teams required.
- Deep knowledge in electronic payments and digital transaction standards
- Highly skilled in the knowledge of various manifestations of payment technologies and trends in new payment flows globally
- Passionate about what you do and excited about the opportunity to transform payments
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, data collection, buy-in and strong decision making abilities to elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Outstanding executive communication skills to develop presentations and associated summaries
Incumbent must make themselves available to support time zones from other regions on an as needed basis
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.