Senior Director, Visa University Business Planning and Operations
- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa University is changing the learning culture at Visa and across the payments industry. We are an integral part of life at the Company where every employee and client will have access to a wealth of resources to enhance their effectiveness. We are a CEO supported start-up team within a large, global organization. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data, and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
As a Head of Business Planning and Operations, you will be at the forefront of advancing the capabilities of talent across the payments industry. Using data and effective project management, you will be responsible for managing the curriculum roadmap from design to development to delivery. As the company has grown and VU programs grow at pace, this function becomes key in order to execute on initiatives and create efficiencies in the organization.
Above all, your work will impact the way Visa and our clients experience learning through Visa University.
- As Head of Business and Strategic Planning you will be responsible for driving the planning and execution of prioritized organizational initiatives. These are large-scale cross functional initiatives that will have significant impact on the business (ex. learning curriculum supporting the education of payments professionals across the industry)
- Successful candidate will be responsible for initially setting up this new function for VU and running the global business and strategic planning needs of the organization --this will include managing a high performing team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop the processes and systems that enable efficient tracking, reporting, and follow up on financial and business metrics with a broad cross-functional team
- Drive a fiscal calendar in partnership with our finance organization to ensure our organization can track to +/- 2% of our allocated budget
- Manage projects / project teams to define scope and develop plans that drive deliverables towards on time and on budget delivery. Own the development and upkeep of VU’s curriculum roadmaps.
- Manage a consistent cadence of agenda for leadership team meetings, management meetings and any other need from the CLO’s office
- Partner closely with VU leadership to align goals and operational metrics in support of our strategic planning and review process. Provide up to date strategic research to the leadership team across internal research, external learning trends, competitor research, and industry trend analysis.
- Serve as a VU thought leader, consultant and project lead for critical learning needs from continuous process improvement, talent and technology readiness, and building education solutions for Visa, our partners and global community.
- Manage a high performing team (a team of 15 people)
In order to be successful in this role, you should be able to work on both at an organization level across region and function. Your strength should lie in seeing the holistic perspective, see how the various parts tie together in order to be able to systemize various pieces into a holistic program.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- Experienced as a head of a business planning function, Senior learning business partner, consultant or similar role/experience, preferably in the learning industry
- You are a credible and strategic thinker – the ability to work at all levels in the organization. Advanced senior stakeholder management and a relentless focus on stakeholder management and customer success-internal and external
- People Leader -- you have a demonstrated track record of managing a high performing team
- Systems thinking – able to understand how different areas of the organization and external trends relate to one another. Integrate ideas from many different areas into a common vision
- Ability to do highly unstructured work which leads to creating structure in order to implement with details
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills with an ability to present complex issues and practical solutions across a diverse global organization
- Truly a “do-er”, willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the strategic plans to move forward
- Collaborative and flexible mindset and you are a true team player that can work with large groups of stakeholders without necessarily having formal authority
- You thrive when working in a cross-functional environment with design, development, research and analytics
- You are comfortable balancing multiple concurrent projects in an agile and fast paced environment
- Flexible mindset and are willing to adapt and identify new ways to deliver on goals
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Travel Requirements: The incumbent may be required to travel up up to 10% (post covid)
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.