Associate Product Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The global Product Organization delivers the holistic product strategy for Visa and accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are investing in the next generation of talent to ensure our products, services and data are the center of the changing ways people pay and get paid. We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
We are looking for looking for talented, aspiring future Product Managers with varying levels of experience and background (0-4 years of work experience) to join our progressive Associate Product Manager Program. In this program you will be staffed on our highest need initiatives and enrolled in a learning and development plan targeted at developing our most critical product manager competencies. While experiences may vary by candidate and business need, the program will include 2-4 rotations over 24 months working on high impact product opportunities while collaborating with a wide array of key stakeholders across product, engineering, sales, strategy and marketing. Rotation and learning experiences will build skills in innovation and design, product marketing and product implementation. The intention is that, upon completion, high performing program participants will be prepared to take on advanced product management roles.
As an Associate Product Manager at Visa, you will be a key member of the team that drives the latest and most innovative ideas from product ideation, to build, to launch, to scaling in the market. You will assist in delivering next generation product offerings to our customers, including innovative payment experiences, cutting edge fraud prevention, capabilities to help banks, tech companies, fintechs and merchants meet their consumers’ needs, and local solutions tailored to one or more of the 200 countries we operate in.
You must be a self-starter, ready to learn and experiment, and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. A key driver of success will be the ability to focus on the highest leverage activities in the face of rapid change and new information, and the ability to independently drive activities all the way to successful completion. Product management will be a focal point in our strategy to delivery world-class products to market, and the Analyst role is a key piece of that vision.
We are hiring for the Associate Product Manager Program in the Bay Area; may be placed in our Foster City or San Francisco offices.
• Support the development of the product strategy, go-to-market plans, and product design documents (concept document, business case, product requirements)
• Support the development of the product roadmap to define/support the product goals and strategies
• Become knowledgeable on Visa’s products and support the product team in driving the development of product features and functionality, leveraging the strong foundation of existing capabilities where appropriate.
• Understand market trends, competition, and user requirements
• Distill market research to provide perspective to the team and product management leaders to inform insights and decisions
• Collaborate with designers to create design concepts and with Engineering to implement and iterate on these concepts
• Collaborate with internal Visa teams (e.g., regional teams, Product Marketing, Business Development) to define and execute a cohesive strategy related to a specific product or feature
- Must Graduate with a Bachelors degree between August 2020 – June 2021 to be considered
Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
Work Authorization: Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience in conjunction with a less technical BA/BS
• 1- 4 years of related work experience
• Eagerness and self-starting approach and an entrepreneurial mindset
• Problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in cross-functional collaborative environments
• Knowledge or experience with Agile methodology to drive product development and delivery
• Proven ability to take initiative and to build strong and productive relationships
• Entrepreneurial and resourceful with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
• Focused on providing excellent customer experiences
• Team oriented, collaborative, and flexible
Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Less than 5% travel required
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours, and be available to take virtual meetings in multiple time-zones as reasonably required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.