Design Director Agency Design
- New York, NY, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Design Director for Agency Design (Experience and Engagement) is a compelling designer, facilitator, and storyteller who is able to work through various mediums (digital prototyping tools, presentation design, immersive experience activations, and video) in order to create high-impact deliverables and lead engagement sessions that help our clients drive their business forward. This designer will develop a well-researched understanding of emerging digital payment trends and leverage that knowledge to help our client’s understand Visa’s unique position within the fast-moving global commerce landscape. This designer will conceptualize, co-create, design, and present engaging experiences, effectively collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams (product, business, strategy, data & analytics) to deliver value for our clients. A passion for using design to solve problems and seasoned presentation skills are a must.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- BA/BS in related field required, MS/MFA preferred
- 10 yrs experience in specialization such as user experience, design strategy, marketing activation design, interaction design, or visual and content design with willingness to broaden your own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset
- Ability to tackle a diverse and complex set of design challenges and recognize patterns to help develop creative, strategic, and scalable solutions for our client experience and engagement model
- Expert in digital design software and tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, AfterEffects, etc
- Proficient in front end web development HTML/JS/CSS and rapid protoyping techniques
- Expert in creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, high fidelity wireframes, and UI / visual design
- Master facilitator with c-suite experience and proven track record running client engagements, demonstrating excellence in presentation polish, executive presence, and client orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (public speaking, storytelling, presentation building skills)
- Experience working with design systems, components, and extensible assets
- Proven history of delivering results on time, within budget, and with high level of execution
- A creative optimist and self-starter who brings energy and enthusiasm to the work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Management experience with at least 1 direct report (preferred)
- Desire to teach others through doing
- Payment industry experience preferred, but not required
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 10% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours, and be available to take virtual meetings in multiple time-zones as reasonably required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.