Senior Network Security Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Cybersecurity is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is important to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments. At Visa, we believe that it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unathorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Cybersecurity has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving problems and
taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This is at
intermediate professional level and works independently with minimal guidance,
and requires a high level proficiency in networking and security disciplines
• This position is responsible for day-to-day administration of network
firewalls and proxy systems ,designed to protect networks and systems from malicious/unauthorized network access or misuse.
• Primary responsibilities includes, updating firewall rules/policies to meet
customer requirements, validating that user requests do not allow unauthorized
network access, firewall log analysis, troubleshooting network connectivity
problem via use of packet captures using packet capture technologies.
• Having broad knowledge of information security , understanding application ,data , threats and mitigation , and security trends.
• Troubleshooting firewall fault conditions and coordinating firewall rebuild
• Coordinates with the Security Operations Center to proactively defend against
the known exploits and vulnerabilities.
• Configures internet proxy servers to restrict corporate internet access to
support the company's acceptable use policy.
• Diagnoses and resolves network connectivity problems in short time frames
• Applies security software patches, and assists in capacity expansions.
• Updates incident and change management records
• Provides technical support for activities that improve the security posture
of Visa's networks.
• Provides 24x7 on-call support whenever preformation the duty of on-call, which has roaster that is rotated.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science
or a related field is required. Post graduate degree a plus
• A minimum of 8+ years of professional experience
• Strong experience in standard Enterprise Network Firewalls such as Check Point ,Fortinet, and Palo Alto Networks.
• Strong experience on WAF solution on cloud and on prem , such as Imperva , Akamai Cloud , F5, Fortinet etc
• Strong experience on Anti-DDoS Solutions – Radware , Nexusguards , Arbor Networks, Akamai
• Ability to manage Provider-1 and/or Panorama management and logging systems
• Self-motivated, attitude of ownership, and a strong desire to learn
• Lead and mentor junior team members , on various aspects of network security .
• Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex
systems and network environments
• Experience supporting Bluecoat Proxy, Cisco ASA and Arbor technologies and
• Experience in Linux and Windows operating systems (high comfort level using
• Check Point Administrator (CCSA), Check Point Engineer (CCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Ethical Hacker, CompTIA Security+ certifications preferred
• Experience in F5 GTM , Radware , Nexusguards , Arbor networks is a plus
• Familiar with ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, and Problem Management
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.