Senior Director - Identity Products
- Arlington, VA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Reporting into the Head of Identity, the Senior Director - Identity Products is responsible for developing Visa’s Identity solution offering. This role requires strategic leadership, innovation, collaboration, and creative problem-solving skills to both leverage Visa’s current assets as well as drive new product development. This product leader will focus on driving significant double-digit top line growth.
The Senior Director – Identity Products plays a critical role in envisioning and implementing best-practice product development processes that enable the organization to evolve existing products as well as launch new products that lead the world in identity, authentication and fraud detection and deterrence. S/he will be an innovator who understands the intersection of technology and business, with a deep knowledge of the latest technological advancements in machine learning, artificial intelligence, blockchain, and data modeling. This role partners with other product leaders, local market teams, and technology leaders to define and deliver relevant identity and security solutions for all of Visa’s clients and key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has experience in building a variety of client-centric identity solutions and is a subject matter expert in one or more of the following technologies: digital identity, biometrics, artificial intelligence, payments, machine learning and data modeling.
- Provide out of the box, strategic thought leadership on our Identity Product strategy and execution
- Evolve Identity based products and solutions that promote safety and security across the payments transaction lifecycle.
- Develop and build products and solutions that use the latest agile development practices and promote speed to market.
- Build and lead a team of talented product managers who combine strategic vision, technical competence and excellent cross functional leadership skills
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical or technology field such as operations research, economics, computer science or many others (graduate degree is a plus)
- Adept across strategy, operations, and program management.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience product strategy and successfully executing against that
- Experience with acquisitions and integrations
- Experience driving change through an organization as both an evangelist and through others
- Experience running an operation and being accountable for customer facing outcomes
- A love of fact based decision making, passion for customer centric design and continuous improvements, insatiable curiosity, and excellent problem solving skills
This position can be based in Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; or Arlington, Virginia. Other Visa office locations (Denver, Austin, New York City) will be considered.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.