Customer Technical Support Engineer - Token ID
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
VISA Token ID provides comprehensive, mobile payment and tokenization solutions to their customers worldwide.
VISA Token ID Customer support team is based in Rotterdam, Toronto, Bangalore and growing… We are seeking a senior Technical customer-facing Support Engineer to provide technical support and solutions to VISA Token ID customers.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface between VISA Token ID customers and the product team for management and resolution of problems on our products and services, serving as an advocate for customer needs.
You will work closely with Customer support Management, Development, QA, Product teams, and 3rd party product partners to ensure a superior technical support to our customers.
We are not looking for a first line support engineer but for a software engineer who will able to understand our product architecture, debug and troubleshoot our java source code and has the ability and required skills to develop his functional knowledge in the field of mobile payment and tokenization.
Candidate must be familiar with standard software development, quality processes, support processes, methodologies, and tools, and must have a track record of very high technical competence that includes strong coding and/or scripting skills and individual technical accomplishments. You should have the passion & ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo. Candidate should be able to travel to both remote VISA as well as customer locations (domestic and international).
· Interface with customers via telephone, email, WebEx or Skype sessions…
· Troubleshoot, reproduce, debug, and diagnose customer issues,
· Provide prompt and accurate responses to customers within our SLA.
· Log software defects using a bug tracking system and work closely with software developers to analyze the defects and track them to resolution
· Regular and timely follow ups with customers with recommendations, workarounds, updates, and action plans
· Document action plan and progress in case tracking systems
· Escalate issues to management as per internally established processes and guidelines
· Leverage internal technical expertise, including, but not limited to peers, mentors, product documentation, knowledge base, community forums, and other internal tools to provide the most effective solution to customer issues
· Acquire the required product knowledge and stay up-to-date with product updates.
· Build and maintain test environments and tools for troubleshooting and testing.
· Create new internal or external knowledgebase articles/documentation to capture new learnings for reuse. Contribute to the team product knowledgebase
· Deliver knowledge transfer sessions to customers and/or internal team members
· Assist customers outside of normal business hours, if required, including weekends and holidays
· Provide onsite support at customer locations (if required)
· Complete comprehensive customer site profile documents ensuring the customer’s infrastructure and architecture is documented
· Reduce/deflect Support Request volume through education and proactive engagement with customers
· Develop strong relationship with customer and engineering teams
Conduct weekly, semimonthly, or monthly meetings with customers for case reviews to identify issue trends and opportunities for corrective actions
4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience
with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
· BS/MS in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related degree preferred.
· 4+ years of experience in Customer Support, Programing and/or QA
· Experience in Electronic payment and/or Mobile Payment is a plus
· Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Strong software background, specifically in coding with Java or other language, with experience in web services.
· Experience in databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL and MySQL),
· Experience on Linux/Unix operating systems
· Experience with application servers, including: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat and WebSphere…
· Experience in debugging and troubleshooting Java applications is key.
· Experience of working on Large scale homogenous or heterogeneous distributed systems with high availability requirements on Virtual Machines and/or physical server clusters
· Experience/exposure in software development lifecycle - from requirements through post-release support is essential
· Knowledge of smart card, hardware security modules, card printers, and internet technologies, Global Platform Messaging, NFC/EMV and Mobile Payments are plus.
· Ability to speak confidently and communicate clearly with the customers
· Ability to work well with demanding customers
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Ability to understand urgency and sensitivity of customer cases
Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20 to 40 % of the time depending on work location. Most Canadian clients are based in Toronto.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.