Associate Technical Writer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As an Associate Technical Writer, you'll work with technical experts across our global organization to document sophisticated payment technology systems, services, and applications. You'll be mentored by senior-level writers who will help you to navigate documentation and editing services and to understand industry best practices. You'll work on a variety of technical documentation projects, gaining expertise in authoring tools and publishing environments as you research, write, and edit technical content for document libraries, help systems, SharePoint sites, intranet sites, and more.
Associate Technical Writers demonstrate basic skills in document analysis, writing tools, project management and semi-independent interaction with IT development, IT quality, and product management groups.
- Act as the central collection and orchestration point for the dissemination of information to clients about scheduled and unscheduled changes and events across DPS platforms and products:
- Work with senior-level writers to:
- Research subject matter and obtain and exchange information
- Create and maintain project schedule(s)
- Represent writing team in planning and review meetings with project cross-functional stakeholders
- Communicate status of project to team members, clients, and departmental management
- Proactively escalate problems and issues as needed
- Multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Analyze existing documentation for impacts and update them accordingly.
- Manage and maintain content for customized document editions (profiling) and publishing to various media (single-sourcing).
- Manage and store master documentation files, complete quality artifacts, update metrics, and implement other processes as directed by the department procedures guide.
- May also perform technical tasks to support TCS technical staff and developers in maintaining and enhancing publishing tools, systems, and templates.
- Proficient with written and verbal communication for domestic and global audiences, business and technical alike.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- 2 or more years of work experience
- Some knowledge of APIs
- Experience testing and documenting complex GUIs
- Experience working with software developers
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong organizational, and communication skills
- Proven ability to create documentation in short cycles and to work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently to gain necessary product information
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated progression of learning department style standards
- Awareness of trends and best practices in the information communication field
- Experience documenting a broad range of current software technologies or technical processes
- Ability to learn new technologies, software, and concepts quickly
- Knowledge of, or experience with, eCommerce applications or the payments industry, particularly in risk management, would be a plus
Other Required Characteristics
- People-oriented/Team Player.
- Strong interpersonal abilities – must project credibility and integrity.
- Flexible with hours.
- Goal seeker.
- Ability to multitask.
- Detail oriented.
Writing samples are required to demonstrate proficiency for both business and technical audiences. TCS will also administer an editing test as part of the formal interview process.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.