Lead Consultant (Director), Philippines
- Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. The incumbent will be part of VCA geographic team cluster of Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia (IPVMC) markets, and will be responsible for consulting engagements with Visa's clients in the Philippines. The team is involved in a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions to our clients, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management, digital strategy and data-driven portfolio management decisions.
If you like to use a fact-based, data-driven solution to solve for business problems that deliver value and enable Philippine clients to win more business, you should apply.
What a Lead Consultant does at Visa:
As Lead Consultant for Philippines, you will be leading Visa Consulting and Analytics engagements for the Philippines market. In this role, you are expected to:
- Cultivate relationship with Visa’s clients and partners - Issuers, Acquirers, and Merchants & Fintech firms, by being strategically focused, optimize client performance and implement recommendations in the area of customer life cycle management, new product development and launches
- Work cross-functionally with other Visa teams to bring a holistic solution to our clients leveraging Visa’s rich value-added services (VAS) from functions such as Marketing, Products, Risk and Merchant Solutions teams
- Develop propositions by closely working with Client Relationship Managers, promoting the solutions with external clients and, executing and delivering the consulting engagement to clients
- Enable growth and improve profitability across our clients’ payment business through portfolio management and segment expansion
- Deliver consulting revenue stream through the use of Visa Consulting and Analytics service lines and practice area
This role has dual reporting to the geographic Head of VCA for IPMVC (Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia) cluster and the Country Manager of Philippines. This position is based in Makati City Visa office.
Why this is important to Visa
As a payment consulting arm of Visa, VCA is growing a team of highly specialize experts that can provide best in class payment expertise to the client. We want to bring this expertise closer to our clients by having the Consulting Director in-market in Philippines. We are a global organization leveraging global expertise and best practice with local knowledge and understanding of our client partners. This enables us to deepen our partnership with our clients and bring value to their business.
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients.
- As an example, you might be working with an issuer client to assess opportunities across cardholder lifecycle, conduct gap assessment and determine strategy or provide best practice recommendation to the Bank
- You will also be involved in client pitches, to bring strategic thinking in bringing together a compelling proposition to help Visa win clients and deepen partnerships
- You will bring to life data analytics solutions and propensity models built by the Data Science team to ensure clients find value to take action such as running marketing campaigns to drive payment card activation and usage, changing policies or processes, launching new products, opening new channels, among other things
- You will provide thought leadership and advisory service to our clients in the face of changing regulation and market landscape impacting business revenue streams
What you will need:
We are looking to hire candidates that have already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry, results-driven and client-centric. As a candidate you should have:
- Deep experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with excellent project management skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, logical thinker with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Strong internal team and external client stakeholder management with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data, make actionable recommendations, and tenacity to implement
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
- Solutions-focused mindset
What will also help:
- MBA or equivalent education, certifications and/or business background
- In-market experience and/or knowledge of local culture as well as regulation and industry trends
- Minimum 12 years’ of experience in retail banking, card issuing or consulting to retail banks
- Understanding of card issuers’ P&L and cardholder life cycle
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the local payment landscape including Fintech
- Story-boarding and data story-telling including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Understanding of statistical analysis, machine learning, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.