- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Participate on large-scale engagements of company activities under the supervision of Sr. Director / Director – Internal Audit. Assist in the design and drive the execution of key areas of each audit engagement, while assisting more junior members of the team where appropriate. Serve as a key contact with client management, explaining the audit process and scope, keeping management apprised of audit progress and issues, and effectively delivering audit results to all levels of management. Stay abreast of company business strategies, industry advances and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit approach.
- Participate in audit risk assessment, planning and audit scope development as well as project execution as a critical team member on large, complex projects.
- Lead the execution of specific areas of a project, supervising other team members and providing coaching where requested.
- Act as the in-charge for selected audit projects, conducting the audit planning, overseeing the execution of the audit, and leading closing activities. Supervision includes assessing project status and results and overseeing timely completion, including work paper review and report preparation.
- Provide reports to managers on the effectiveness of their business unit's internal control structure along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on relevant weaknesses noted within audit reports.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills. Ideas should be expressed clearly and concisely.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, management information systems or related fields
- 6-8 years of internal audit experience, preferably with a large financial institution or consulting firm experience
- CIA, CPA, CISA or other relevant professional certifications highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience executing audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Experience evaluating controls associated with complex business processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours as well as reasonable off-hour work.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.