DevOps Engineer Visa Payments Limited
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Limited as a DevOps Engineer, we want to hear from you.
What's it all about?
Working as part of a team of five DevOps Engineers reporting to the Application Technical Contact (ATC) building out the new Visa Payments Ltd Volante VolPay environments across Visa Data Centres.
Day to day duties...
- Support Product release by providing SQL database support on private cloud and public cloud infrastructures.
- Automates infrastructure, workflows and continuously measuring application performance
- Attaches application-specific monitoring, auditing, backup, and compliance modules and services
- Manages release/promotions across environments (Azure/other environments) and across various levels of application environments (production/testing/development)
- Database troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains
- Working side by side with the developers to understand the inner-workings of the apps and helps them to build their apps scalable and reliable
- Creating and maintaining database design documentation
- Having a strong knowledge of Linux systems internals with a good understanding of networking and protocols
- Maintains information security in the workplace and in the organization
- Acts as L3 level support for the cloud infrastructure and database DDL and DML updates.
- Takes part in 24/7 on-call rotations to support customers on production
- Promotes and implements DevOps as a philosophy
- Timely delivery of automated deployment of software releases
What we're after?
- You have developed at least one end to end implementation using no SQL database, MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Monitoring and logging databases performance issues and fixing.
- Applying MongoDB and Cassandra database patches, and security patches.
- Manage Cloud Infrastructure as code without manual interfering
- Makes sure that SaaS deployments meet their Service Level Objectives (SLOs) like availability and performance
- Makes sure that SaaS deployments are and stays compliant with relevant standards such as PCI DSS and ISO 27001
- Experience working with various no SQL Databases.
- Data modelling and installation for MongoDB
- Data modelling and installation for Cassandra
- Management multi node cluster MongoDB
- Management multi node cluster Cassandra
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills, helpful and supportive of others - works effectively with other people in the team and wider organisation.
- Has an ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority using a collaborative approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa Payments Limited is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.