Director, Client Consulting, AuNZSP (Auckland-based)
- Auckland, New Zealand
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of innovators who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, human-centred design, brand management, marketing, operations, and macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The VCA team within New Zealand provides a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions to our clients in New Zealand and across the South Pactifc, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management and digital strategy.
We are currently looking for a Director to drive business development activities and lead consulting engagements for our clients in New Zealand and the South Pacific, enabling portfolio growth and improved profitability across their payment businesses.
Typically 2-4 months in duration and running in parallel, potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product and marketing strategies, proposition design and launch, development of industry landscape evaluations to inform payments strategies, and optimisation of client customer experience and supporting processes.
The Director will be responsible for supporting business development opportunities and leading client engagements. On the business development side, the Director will work closely with Visa’s Client Relationship Management team to identify opportunities to assist issuing and acquiring clients with strategic advisory services. This will entail client account planning, needs discovery and scoping, proposal development, sales support, and project set up and initiation.
The Director will also be responsible for project execution, leading small teams of cross functional resources internal to Visa as well as external resources (from the client or third-party research or consulting firms). The Director will structure the engagement to ensure client objectives are met and lead the execution of the work required to develop interim and final deliverables. Typically, this will involve the Director interacting with the client team and internal staff, gathering and managing project inputs, analysing data to form conclusions and recommendations, developing and presenting compelling project reports and working with clients on executing recommendations.
The Director will have the unique opportunity to see opportunities all the way through the entire lifecycle, from initial opportunity identification to project execution and delivery.
The full range of responsibilities are detailed below:
On a project-by-project basis:
- Prepare client project proposals, clarifying objectives, scope, deliverables, approach, dependencies, roles and responsibilities; draw input from clients, local client relationship managers and functional teams
- Oversee project setup including contracting documentation, stakeholder engagement, interview guides and client data requirements
- Develop a fact base by undertaking client interviews, collecting and analysing inputs such as client data, process flows, policies, competitive, industry and environmental information
- Analyse Visa and client data to conduct benchmarking, identify performance gaps and improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with data science team members to leverage advanced data analytics capabilities
- Manage execution of one or more project engagements, building client relationships, utilising governance frameworks and mitigating / resolving complex problems that emerge
- Identify solutions and recommendations that address client objectives and result in performance improvement; leverage relevant VCA methodologies, frameworks and global best practices
- Design and deliver compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations within consulting engagements and more broadly
- Identify and surface opportunities for client projects and submit for inclusion into account plans
- Contribute to IP creation and standardised VCA offerings
- Continuously build knowledge, surface new insights and produce thought leadership pieces that contribute to practice development and global best practice
Having already accumulated a variety of experience across different industries, you may be familiar with the payments industry and keen to work alongside an experienced team in gaining a deeper understanding. You will be client driven, comfortable managing a project end to end and relishing the opportunity to work closely with clients to influence their future performance.
Specific skills and experience you will bring are:
- Experience in consulting, corporate strategy, business management or design-lead thinking to solve customer pain points.
- Deep experience in managing complex projects
- An ability to identify new opportunities for client engagements based on their expressed and inferred needs, as well as the ability to translate this into compelling proposals
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigour
- Strong team orientation with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organisation
- Excellent detail orientation in creating client-ready deliverables, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigour in reports and data analysis
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
In addition, you will ideally bring the following:
- 7-10 years of work experience post University
- Experience in customer experience design (using human centred design / design thinking)