Manager, Test engineering, Open VisaNet
- Foster City, CA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. It is built as a modern distributed architecture based on micro services with goals of five 9’s availability, fault tolerance, horizontal scalability and real time latency for largest scale transaction processing. Open VisaNet leverages state of the art Open Software technologies to achieve these goals on commodity hardware, such as Go, Scala, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, Aerospike, Elasticsearch etc. and involves collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, systems performance engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts, infrastructure and solution architects.
Reporting to the Director of Test Engineering, Open VisaNet the Engineering Manager in Test will be responsible for flawless implementation of the payment applications for the Open VisaNet solution. This role is a hands-on technology role. S/he will closely work with teams in multiple locations for developing and executing a shared strategic vision for a mission-critical high-volume low-latency platform that enables core Visa Payments processing.
- Develop and nurture team of test engineers by motivating and mentoring, and assist in hiring critical talent
- Collaborate with product and software developer teams to establish Certification for production release, automation of End to End use cases, and develop collaboration tools to improve Quality
- Manage all communications related to QA Status on a daily basis during execution. Reporting potential risks during all any stages of development lifecycle
- Establish quality process to ensure software quality in a continuous integration environment
- Work with the development team to resolve any issues that arise out of the testing process
- Work across the team to ensure the team is predictable, productive, and delivering high quality
- Ensuring adherence to the company's software testing processes and policies
- Retain Audit compliance while supporting end users during their testing cycle. Provide daily updates on the QA activities in scrum calls
- Strong internal customer relationships are essential and this position will work with Business Partners, internal staff, external vendors and system integrators on a daily basis to ensure quality assurance is performed in alignment with global initiatives and requirements across the enterprise Offshore-Onsite co-ordination with the teams
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- 2+ years of experience in leading Agile teams
- Experience in software development lifecycle including design, coding, version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Prior experience must include leadership role for mission-critical system applications supporting high transaction systems
- Solid experience with automation framework (such as Cucumber) is a must
- Ability to inspire team of test engineers with software developer mindset and a passion for testing and test automation
- Team player and passionate for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Experienced organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization
- Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what’s possible technically, operationally and professionally
- Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint. Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.