Sr.Data Analyst-Supporting Audit
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Develop, deploy and maintain software solutions using Microsoft SQL Server products (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS), Tableau and other technologies (such as Robotic Process Automation tools) to deliver solutions which improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Internal Audit function. Primarily operate in a Windows Server and desktop development environment although other hosting environments may be utilized in specific projects. Maintain analytics environments in conformance with Visa corporate Key Controls, Technical Security Requirements and Privacy policies. Demonstrate strong project management skills while performing end-to-end automation of data analytics routines and procedures in support of key initiatives such as Continuous Monitoring/Auditing. Participate in all phases of development cycle (planning, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance); engage in frequent interactions with users and IT staff to define the business and technical requirements; prototype, develop and test advanced data analytics techniques; train users; document analytic procedures; and report progress to management. Where required, participate on audits in support of the Annual Audit Plan.
Functional / Business Responsibilities
- Assist manager in planning, development and execution of Microsoft SQL server, SSIS, SSRS and Tableau based data analysis procedures to create sustainable and repeatable data analytics.
- Incorporate previous MS SQL Server-based data warehouse experience including ETL best practices in project design and development.
- Monitor the refresh activities of the data warehouse including periodic data refresh, troubleshooting errors, fixing bugs and implementing enhancements.
- Apply professional skepticism when assessing data sources and validate completeness and accuracy of data received.
- Assist in the documentation of functional, technical and source data requirements.
- Act as project leader for automation and audit support projects. Regularly inform manager, audit team and senior management of project status, issues, risks and results.
- Interact with management and business partners to identify appropriate data elements required for analytics.
- Provide support on the existing data analytics environment.
- Demonstrate strong time and project management skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the data analysis process and experience with the application of data analytics in the assessment of IT and business processes.
- Consult with audit teams and provide data analysis support and guidance during audit engagement planning and execution.
- Support data requests from the Internal Audit team. Activities may include extracting and downloading data, organizing that data, data scrubbing and performing analyses including thorough documentation of the steps performed.
- Work with Internal Audit team members to meet departmental goals.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills and demonstrate these skills during the development process.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10%.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or STEM.
- 3 or more years of project/system development experience using an industry accepted methodology (PMBOK, PRINCE2, or Agile)
- 3 or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server family of products (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS) with extensive development experience using the MS T-SQL Query Language
- 2 or more years of experience with Tableau or a similar visual analysis technology
- 1 or more years of experience in design and application of advanced data analytic techniques
- Certificate in Data Science desirable
- MCSA and MCSE certification in SQL Server desirable
- Tableau Desktop Certification desirable
- Oracle database and PL/SQL development experience desirable
- Big Data and Machine learning experience desirable
- Ability to leverage machine learning models to perform data profiling, risk based sampling, data segmentation
- 2 or more years’ experience in statistics with emphasis on practical applications for data science experience with ML modeling/deployment techniques
- 2 or more years’ experience with Python/R