Product Manager - Bill Pay
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Buyer and Seller Solutions team is responsible for simplifying, expanding, and enriching connections between Buyers and Sellers. The team provides safer and smarter exchanges, empowering Buyers and Sellers to focus on what matters most to them. The Buyer and Seller Solutions team is responsible for the strategic development as well as execution of initiatives including Bill Pay, Installments, Global Transit Solutions and evolution of Visa Rules.
Core Responsibilities and Key Deliverables
We are seeking a Bill Pay Product Manager who can help drive critical growth initiatives in a complex, matrixed environment. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, structured, analytical thinker with excellent communication skills and a strong interest in how products are developed and delivered. S/he enjoys variety and collaborating with people. S/he is thoughtful, curious and analytical with a desire to make an impact.
The Product Manager will support the development of the Visa Bill Presentment and Payment platform (VBPP). The Product Manager will work across various product teams such as Innovation, Real Time Payments, Merchant Sales & Acquiring, Account Executive teams and Visa Business Solutions (VBS). This role is also externally facing with partners such as processors, billers, and issuer clients.
The following are key projects:
- Product Management & Development: Support key product management and development functions including updating the product roadmap (i.e. Roadmunk), defining epochs & user stores (i.e. Jira), addressing questions from the product development team (i.e. Agile, daily stand-ups), compiling acceptance criteria and conducting user acceptance testing.
- Client Solution Management / Go-to-market: Support the development and execution of go-to-market plans and materials in order to recruit billers, Billing Service Providers (BSPs), financial institutions and other partners to participate in the Proof of Concept and Pilot programs. Capture partner feedback and provide insights to product and solution managers in order to include these points in the VBPP product roadmap and business specifications.
- Innovation Session Support: Support innovation sessions by drafting agenda and pre-work materials and facilitating post-session follow up meetings and actions.
The Product Manager role will involve client interaction and assisting with preparing materials for both internal and external audiences and will support Visa’s priority to deepen partnerships through value added services. Bill Pay is an area of strategic focus for empowering sellers by expanding our value added services. This role will also own the required analytics capabilities needed to track the success of this product at launch and over time, and articulate opportunities to improve through a metrics-based approach.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams across Visa to scope, document and implement the successful launch of the VBPP platform, and work on executing subsequent iterations of the Platform
- Maintain high-quality product roadmap, epochs and user stories
- Draft go-to-market plans and promotional materials
- Provide status, action plan and recommendations to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
- Manage and grow the required analytics capabilities to track the performance of the VBPP platform, using tools and dashboards i.e. Roadmunk, to build actionable insights
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of Product Management Experience especially related to new product development with the follow skills: agile development, persona, use cases, requirements, etc.
• Product marketing skills are preferred such as developing sales collateral, demonstration, etc.
• Strong analytical skills with experience conducting market research, building pro-forma financial models, developing hypotheses based on unstructured data, validate the hypothesis and provide a recommendation.
• Familiarity of payment systems (card networks, ACH, RTP, digital wallets)
• Strong customer-facing communication skills and technical aptitude
• Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way and strong documentation and presentation development skills, including PowerPoint
• Detail oriented and highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts across multiple functional groups
• Ability to influence, negotiate and drive results, ensuring that timelines are adhered to and any risks to the project are called out early
• Embrace change and ambiguity in an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving
• Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple parties to deliver a product
• Creative spark – in product innovation, product management, and finding ways to get things done
• Demonstrated strength at building relationships , highly motivated, strong sense of urgency, ability to motivate others
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with a flair for getting people excited
• Team player with proven track record of taking initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.