Senior Technical Account Manager, Visa Direct (Can be Remote)
- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Technical Account Management team is tasked with supporting clients using Visa Digital products and services including, but not limited to, Visa Direct, Click to Pay and Visa Token Service. As Sr. Technical Account Manager, Client Support Services, you will be responsible for providing post-launch support to Visa Direct merchants, developers, and partners across the Global Enterprise, Mid-Market, and Small Business channels. This role creates an exciting opportunity to be pivotal in achieving success for our clients who have live push payment solutions. This technical/functional specialist will interact with traditional and non-traditional financial institutions, processors, internal Account Managers, and external clients as well as be able to thrive in a highly collaborative environment. This role also requires a solution-oriented thinker who can recommend feasible optimization opportunities to strengthen the overall product and client experience. You will be expected to handle escalated support requests, working with other teams inside and outside the Client Support Services organization. As Technical Account Manager, you will also be responsible for acting as a subject matter expert, working with other Senior Technical Account Managers, training and mentoring new team members in the organization.
About Visa Direct : Visa Direct is a VisaNet processing capability that allows safe, convenient, real-time funds delivery directly to financial accounts using card credentials. This global platform enables funds disbursements, person-to-person payments, bill payments and cross-border payments.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Act as the single point of technical contact for assigned merchant and partner accounts
- Manage and troubleshoot escalated technical problems, interfacing with Product Development, Product Management, and/or Operations teams
- Act in the role of subject matter expert on all aspects of the push payment platform ranging from product behavior to deep technical expertise.
- Provide technical implementation assistance to developers
- Perform business analytics and performance monitoring of live merchants and partners
- Provide eCommerce and payment acceptance consultative guidance and best-practices to merchants and partners
- Educate merchants on how ongoing enhancements of Visa services may benefit their business
- Create, edit, and distribute client notifications and communications
- Participate in requirements, design, and roll out of new products and services
- Represent Client Support to other departments in the company including sales, operations, product management, and product development
- Partner with Sales to build relationships with technical and business contacts across the account portfolio
- Stay current with industry and client trends and develop/maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Proactively identify operational opportunities with an eye on scalability; document recommendations to increase client experience, service quality, and efficiency.
- Client-facing travel (international and domestic), ~20%
Key Knowledge Domains
- Credit card payments and payment systems
- eCommerce industry
- Web technologies and systems
- Mobile app development
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Client facing experience. Demonstrated success in customer relationship management.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and have a disposition to work independently with a commitment to detail in an organized manner
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms, transaction processing and payment service providers (gateways).
- Understanding of mobile payments and architecture, including, NFC, TSMs, OTA, secure elements, contactless payments, online/remote payments, QR Codes, cloud based payments and chip cards (contact and contactless).
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Executive-level written and verbal communication, and customer interaction skills
- Strong organization skills including resolution management and follow up
- Strong problem solving skills
- Understanding of Web Security: SSL, HTTPS, Hash algorithms
- Strong SQL skills
- Familiarity with PCI DSS
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law..