Sr. Android Software Engineer (REF28103Y) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (DDP)
- Austin, TX
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Digital Developer Platform organization is building a new generation of applications to facilitate commerce in everyone's new digital lives. Our focus is to build profoundly simple apps that embed into our customers' everyday lives.
The role is a self-organized Android Software Engineer with solid mobile or full stack development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to a Director of Software Engineering.
- Develop next generation mobile payment applications; write solid code following best development practices.
- Work as a part of scrum team executing the products requirements working with UX, product management and other teams in an agile manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise for Android platform.
- Develop mobile framework and UI based on best practices.
- Execute POCs for visionary initiatives.
- Work independently and provide guidance to junior developers.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Android application development (required).
- Expertise in Android technologies - Kotlin, Java, Android Studio, mobile architecture and MVVM design pattern.
- Passion for user experience and knowledge of Android Application Patterns as per the Android Development Guidelines (required).
- Experience in creating apps that consume RESTful APIs are required.
- Solid understanding of APIs, Service oriented architecture with good exposure on server side technologies including Java, MySQL, TomCat, Kubernetes, or similar technologies. Experiences with creating and implementing RESTful API's are preferred.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform. (Required).
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, GIT source control and peer code-reviews (required).
- Knowledge of Android OWASP security practices.
- Experience with Android development tools (Android Studio, Gradle build etc).
- Experience with DevOps practices and technologies such as Jenkins and SonarQube.
- Very good understanding in all phases of SDLC, security requirements, multi-tier application development with hardware interaction, deep understanding of network protocols, test driven development, SDK development - maintenance and support.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that require multitasking among concurrent projects.
- Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives.
- Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.