MBA intern, Summer 2021 - Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Multi-, City, United States
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are targeting candidate selections and interviews to take place in early January 2021.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) is looking for driven MBA interns to join and support the team on strategic consulting engagements in our US offices including San Francisco, Foster City, CA, New York and Ashburn, VA.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous business experience.
Typical projects may include:
How does a financial institution increase market share in consumer credit cards?
How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
How does a financial institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
How does a financial institution optimize their product offering?
Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering strategic consulting services to key Visa clients
Complete consulting engagements with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, and summarizing key findings
Conduct industry research and identify internal and external data resources to create custom analytics
Complete detailed analysis on client data and identify preliminary trends and themes in the data
Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Pursuing a MBA, graduating December 2021 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Excellent client-facing communication, story-telling and presentation skills with ability to articulate findings in action-driven recommendations
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Ability to form hypotheses on client issue root causes and validate thinking quickly using data
- Knowledge of finance and accounting a plus
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- Strong intellectual curiosity to understand the root cause of issues and how to drive value for clients
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Proficient and ideally a power-user of spreadsheet and presentation tools
- An interest in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology and its future
Location: At this time, we are targeting these internships to be in one of our US offices including San Francisco, Foster City, CA, New York and Ashburn, VA.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEOC: Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.