Network Support Engineer
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Infrastructure Reliability Engineering –
- Network group is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, support, availability, and reliability of Visa Inc.'s credit and debit commercial networks (i.e. VisaNet), the enterprise corporate network, the global wide area network and the extranet/Internet networks.
- Plan, design, implement and provides ongoing support of network systems of high complexity in extranet, commercial and corporate environments to fulfill the business needs
- Design appropriate solutions based on environment, create detailed network designs, assess and test new and evolving technologies for performance and cost benefits
- Provide third level technical support to the Visa client institutions and to technical teams within Visa to resolve network issues and to support the implementation of new network solutions
- Build and maintain relationship with global and virtual teams and third parties on network development or support issues
- Lead development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations
- Develop processes and procedures for use by the Network team and third parties in the management of network environments
- Develop and position solutions and create a roadmap to effectively gain buy-in from all stakeholders
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Python experience needed
- Understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
- 4-5 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree
- Cisco certification or a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Engineering is preferred
- Ansible experience preferred
- 3 years related experience in infrastructure/network environments and designing, planning, documenting and implementing LANs and WANs using latest technology
- Advanced process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Experience with complex global projects from development through implementation
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and network environment issues
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view
- Ability to write technical design and build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- ITIL certification preferred
This position requires the incumbent to travel up to 10% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.