Senior Mobile Software Engineer (REF28709E) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (DDP)
- Austin, TX, United States
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) organization is building a new generation of end to end solutions for digitization and mobilization of commerce for the global market. Our focus is to build profoundly simple apps that embed into our customers' everyday lives. Within DDP, the Integration and Support engineering organization is a globally distributed team that connects with Client Services, Development, Technical Product Management, Architecture, Test, Release and Program Management by representing the voice of the customer. It is a technical solution implementation and support team to accelerate successful roll-out of new integrations and the enhancement of existing ones.
We are looking for a technical expert Senior Software Engineer for our Client Integration & Solution Engineering (CISE) team based out of our Austin office to support the global roll out of our Visa digital commerce app.
In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented engineer who is a self-starter and can work in a fast-paced, agile environment. Your strong analytical skills, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
You will apply your expertise of iOS or Android platform to configure, build and validate mobile apps for clients, and drive the technical solutions for client integration issues related to Android, iOS, web features and digital wallets.
You will apply solid coding practices, including good design documentation, unit & system testing, source control (GIT, SVN etc), and peer code-reviews to help identify areas of technical improvement and process gaps to increase the velocity of delivery of apps with highest quality.
You will liaise with stakeholders, collect feedback from internal and external customers on features, functionality and work cross-functionally to ensure the Product and Technology teams incorporate that feedback into future releases.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Preference for a BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with 4 years of experience in iOS and/or Android development
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform. (required).
- Strong understanding in all phases of SDLC, security requirements, multi-tier application development with hardware interaction, network protocols, and SDK development (required)
- Knowledge of iOS tools, technologies - Instruments, TestFlight, Apple developer ecosystem, AppStore requirements and upload process, Objective-C and Swift, networking, architecture and design patterns.
- Knowledge of iOS platform and OWASP security practices. Experience using XCode.
- Experience using Android native components - Activities, Services, Broadcast Receiver, Content Provider, Web Services, Fragments and Support Libraries
- Experience using Java, Kotlin, Espresso, Android SDK, Android Studio, Eclipse IDE, Gradle, Microsoft AppCenter.
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
- Familiarity with web service development, DBMS, UNIX shell scripts, Python, SQL is a plus.
- Experience with various phases in Testing – Unit, Functional, Certification, UAT
- Experience using Splunk, Jira and production support process.
- Familiarity with Payment and Mobile Banking business domains,
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects.
- Strong interpersonal & facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills.
- Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work with distributed global teams
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.