- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays
At its core, Visa is a payments network that connects consumers and merchants with financial institutions. At the heart of our brand promise is VisaNet, of which the main components are authorization, clearing and settlement and dispute resolution systems. Network Processing (NP) is the Visa technology organization with responsibility for maintaining and enhancing VisaNet to meet current and future market needs. We develop and manage end-to-end technology solutions that deliver reliable, scalable and secure financial transaction processing services to Visa’s clients.
This position, based in Foster City, California, will lead projects in Network Processing (NP), ensuring the delivery of regional and global solutions, as driven by the business. The position works with technical staff, business partners and senior management across organizational boundaries to obtain resources, schedule work activities and coordinate all areas to successfully complete project deliverables. Project Managers provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams to deliver NP solutions for small to large-scale projects and are accountable for tasks covering the entire project and development life cycle. Responsibilities include:
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to assess requirements, define scope, create estimates, and produce Project Charters and other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Build high performing project teams, inspire team members, and demonstrate leadership skills
- Set clear expectations with business partners to provide transparency into project initiation activities, and manage day-to-day interaction during project execution and delivery
- Perform project planning and scheduling, manage tasks and coordinate project resources to meet objectives and timelines
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risks and find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments
- Provide high quality customer service and communicate project status (timelines, progress, and challenges) to technology and business stakeholders regularly
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders, including enterprise architects and strategists, technical subject matter experts, business partners, Visa senior management, technology vendors, and financial institutions and strategic partners, as needed
- Manage project budgets effectively by ensuring forecasts and actual charges are in line with approved bids and project costs are effectively controlled
- Anticipate change and identify ways to overcome challenges and constraints to keep project activities on schedule to meet or exceed business partner expectations
- Take initiative to exhaust all avenues to resolve issues/problems before involving management escalation
- Work with minimal direction; able to resolve most issues independently
- Demonstrate ability to manage through influence
- Execute through ambiguity and guide a path to clarity
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls
- Keep project status updated in project management tools and maintain meticulous records (e.g., project financials, schedule, issues, risks, change control decisions)
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal
- As a global organization, there may be a need to attend calls/meetings after/before standard office hours during the week
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 12-15 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD ) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- PMP and/or CSM certifications are a plus
- Strong process orientation; solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and analytical skills, including project scheduling, estimating, risk identification, and change management
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions across multiple organizational levels
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Independent judgment and mature decision making skills to deal with technology projects that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant cost and time-to-market impacts
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities and collaborate effectively within a program team and across other organizations
- Ability to influence without direct authority to achieve necessary goals
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint)
- Exposure to tools like Rally, Jira and Wiki
- Financial services and card payments experience are a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.