Senior Director, Lead Acquirers & Merchants Vertical, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. In Asia Pacific (AP), VCA has geographically focused teams and the Center of Excellence (COE) team, which provides expertise in specific industry or functional verticals (Digital, Risk, Business Solutions, Acquiring & Merchant)
What the Senior Director, Lead Acquirers & Merchants Vertical, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Asia Pacific does at Visa:
Reporting to the Head of the Center of Excellence team, the Senior Director Lead Acquiring & Merchant vertical will be responsible for establishing and growing VCA’s advisory offering to Acquirers and Merchants across Asia Pacific. This would involve defining the service line, selling engagements, leading delivery and building a team. The Senior Director Lead Acquiring & Merchant Vertical will work closely with other members of the COE team, including the leads of the Digital and Risk Verticals, to help ‘solve’ Acquirers’ and Merchants’ business problems. This individual will also collaborate with other Visa teams, in charge of managing Acquirers and Merchants Visa clients, to define, plan and execute Go-To-Market strategies for VCA services.
This individual will leverage Visa’s data assets; capabilities and expertise to help Acquirers & Merchants achieve their business objectives (e.g. accelerate sales growth, improve profitability, and offer better digital customer experience)
Key responsibilities for the Senior Director Lead Acquiring & Merchant Vertical:
- Manage the P&L Visa Consulting Analytics (VCA) service offering for Acquirers & Merchants in AP (i.e. drive revenue and sales growth to generate commercial revenues)
- Lead, grow and develop a fully integrated VCA service offering for Acquirers and Merchants (e.g. strategy, business performance optimization, digital transformation, data insights, execution)
- Become a leading subject matter expert (SME) and thought leader in the acquiring space for AP
- Monitor market developments to help refine VCA’s service offering given the evolving ecosystem
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with Visa clients‘ senior executives through delivering impactful advisory engagements and sharing relevant industry insights/trends
- Proactively engage with clients and Visa leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with clients
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g. Merchant Services, Product, Marketing, Risk, Innovation) to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Act as the regional expert for VCA solutions to Acquirers and Merchants and support the development of Global VCA Acquirers & Merchants solutions, capabilities and credentials
Why this is important to Visa
With a rapid change in the payment landscape, new regulations around Open banking and Open data and the emergence of new Fintech players – the payment ecosystem is rapidly evolving and our clients are looking to Visa as the payment experts to help them navigate through the opportunities and challenges that these changes pose. Visa with its global reach and rich transaction data set is ideally positioned to assist merchants solve their strategic business problems and drive growth. We are looking for an individual to join us as a Senior Director Lead of the Merchants Vertical. This individual will be in charge of expanding VCA consulting engagements with merchants to drive new revenue streams.
Specific skill-set and experience required:
- The ideal candidate will have 15 years’ relevant experience with deep expertise in Acquiring gained in senior leadership positions (e.g. General Manager for Acquiring, Head of Acquiring) within a bank or a pure-play acquirer
- Strong problem solving and analytics skill with ideally some management consulting experience
- Excellent client relationship management with strong sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with the ability to progress multiple projects concurrently
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases which prove ROI
- Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis
- Strong executive presence and ability to effectively engage with C-level executives
- Superior ability to influence people and work across boundaries to execute highly complex deals with multiple interests involved
- Experience in and/or passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
- Proven ability to drive innovation and lead change in successful top tier companies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
- Willingness to travel (30%+)
What will also help:
Direct relevant experience in consulting roles and or payment / technology firms
Projects you will be a part of:
The nature of projects this role would play a key role in are varied. To list a few, this would include:
- Help Acquirers’ shape their strategy including core business strategy (e.g. build, partner, divest), Point of Interaction Strategy (innovation of in-store devices / omni-channel) and/or Partnership Strategy
- Provide data-driven insights to inform growth opportunities for Acquirers through market segmentation and benchmarking
- Help Acquirers assess their end-to-end onboarding process, identifying opportunities to streamline and bring new merchants on more quickly
- Review Acquirers’ approach to pricing and suggests pricing options to optimize business outcomes
- Benchmark Acquirer’s digital platform functionalities, user experience and efficiencies to keep merchants actively engaged
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!