Senior Test Engineer - Golang - Continuous Integration
- Reading, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Test Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
As the world’s largest electronic payments network Visa customers trust us with ensuring that they can pay with security and confidence everywhere they want to be.
Network Processing looks after the systems that form the core of Visa, allowing consumers and merchants to connect with financial institutions and provide a seamless payment experience, the core mission of the OVN (Open VisaNet) team within the Network Processing group is to create the next generation of these core systems using the latest technologies to ensure we are able to maintain this trust going forward and ensure that Visa is ready for the challenges of the future.
We offer you the opportunity to be at the centre of innovation in the payments industry by joining us in the Network Processing team in Reading, where we are driving forward the implementation of the future of Visa.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Responsible for delivering quality and application performance in a small agile team where everyone is expected to work on all stages of the software development lifecycle, whilst working with other agile teams to develop and coach best testing practice within the team and across the programme.
- Assess product risks and define a test approach that mitigates the major risks in an efficient way taking into consideration requirements for test coverage, environments and data.
- Participate in design discussions and implementation of highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed services
- Help converting business requirements into technical requirements and design, and develop system acceptance criteria, functional test plans with a focus on coverage, performance and automation.
- Collaborate with the multiple teams across Development, Operation & Infrastructure, Product to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues. Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
- Identify process improvements, error trends and/or the root causes and make recommendations for remedies to colleagues and management.
- Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools.
- Perform quality assurance testing activities inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing, and support development of test automation
- Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any application issues
- Develop innovative approaches to accommodate tight schedules and resource constraints using test automation.
- Build and implement scalable, reusable test automation frameworks.
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Prior experience in the design and execution of functional and non-functional testing in software development
- Good programming skills and Experience of at least one programming language (training with the use of specific languages and tools for the programme is available)
- Experience in system automation using framework such as Cucumber
- Experience with development, build, testing and continuous integration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a globally distributed team in a high performance organization
- Provide guidance to QA technology groups in their development of design artifacts and Quality Assurance test plans
- Proactive, willing to take ownership, ability to quickly learn new technologies and take up new tasks and initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, with examples of influencing, listening actively and negotiating within a team environment to effectively champion the test discipline within the team
- Positive attitude, friendly to others, encouraging of co-operation, honesty and respectfulness in the workplace
- Collaborative mindset, with an ability to empathise with colleagues and establish relationships
- This role provides an ideal opportunity for a candidate who can utilise their existing test automation experience or who wishes to develop the necessary skillset to become a test automation specialist using the world-class training assets available in Visa University.
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a plus
- Exposure to Micro Services based architectures
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.