- São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Paralegal will be a member of the Legal Department in Brazil and will be based in São Paulo/SP. The Paralegal will be responsible for providing support to Visa’s attorneys, particularly in the following contexts:
- Drafting basic standard contracts, preparing correspondences and other legal documents for Visa’s attorneys;
- Supporting the drafting and filling of minutes for Visa’s corporate activities;
- Work with other members of Visa’s Legal Department and outside counsels to manage local litigation matters and address legal issues in various areas of the Law;
- Directing and coordinating the delivery of subpoenas to Visa’s outside counsels;
- Assist outside counsels, as needed, in court proceedings by acting as a Visa representative in answering questions about company;
- Support Visa's outside counsels by providing and organizing documentation, preparing reports and exchanging information;
- Investigate facts and laws of cases, including conducting documentary research;
- Organizing and tracking files related to case documents and important transactions;
- Assisting Visa’s lawyers in the preparation of conferences;
- Compiling information and preparing statistics, charts, graphs and other summaries to detail Visa’s Legal Department activities;
- Organizing, managing and maintaining files and other legal documents, including the creation of control spreadsheets;
- Keeping legal budget up-to-date, including by monitoring outside counsels’ fees and expenses; and
- Carry out general office administration, including support in billing matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree (being a member in good standing of the Brazilian Bar Association is a plus);
- 3-4 years experience at a top national law firm and/or, preferably, at a global corporation;
- Upper-Intermediate/Advanced English speaking and writing skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Legal research skills and the desire to develop your understanding of the law;
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments;
- Good attention to detail, sense of urgency and responsiveness;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Office administration experience;
- Commitment to the highest ethical and personal values;
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team oriented environment;
- Professionalism when working with colleagues, senior partners, experts and clients; and
- Strong people skills with proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal clients and work on cross functional teams.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law