Intern/Placement Test Engineer 12 months
- Belfast, UK
At Cybersource, we build the tools that help businesses turn their ideas into reality. Across the globe acquirers are looking to CyberSource for the technology, knowledge and passion that makes payment acceptance safe, fast and easy. And as part of Visa, we offer our partners, customers and employees the opportunity to work with the #1 payments company in the world.
At the core of our success to date is our employees’ passion, initiative, creativity and innovation. As we continue to grow we are looking for individuals who echo our client and partner obsession, enjoy delivering great technology (at a global scale) and are hungry for success.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team.
You are an Individual. We are the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Placement Test Engineer
As a Placement Test Engineer within CyberSource you will explore the world of testing in highly technical, collaborative and forward thinking environment working on products which are used by millions of people across the globe. Our knowledgeable team are committed to leveraging your talent and ambition to ensure you realize your maximum potential. We don’t expect you to know everything; we favor attitude and ability over experience. You will be involved in stimulating work every day, challenging you technical abilities and gaining an appreciation of the whole product development life cycle.
As a Placement Test Engineer in CyberSource you will:
- Grow and refine both your technical skillset and aptitude in full life cycle testing
- Gain first hand exposure to the multiple facets of the software development lifecycle
- Become experienced in the sourcing and creation of test cases that will facilitate the functional, integration and regression testing of CyberSource’s portfolio
- Have the opportunity to work across different product lanes gaining an insight and appreciation into testing practices, tools and products
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- A strong academic record, expecting to receive a 2:1 or above in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field
- An inquisitive mind along with an innovative approach to problem solving
- Initiative and drive to tackle challenging projects
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills that allow you to quickly access situations and provide applicable solutions
- A strong desire to understand and learn as well as a pro-active drive to improve their technical skill and knowledge
- Strong communication skills and welcomes the opportunity to collaborate in a tight knit, agile team-oriented group
CyberSource is an equal opportunities employer. We are strongly committed to equal opportunity and strive to align fully with equal employment laws, ordinances and regulations for all applicants and employees. A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That is our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless.
This position is designed for those individuals who are currently in their second year of university study and who require an industrial placement for their next academic year; the placement will be for 12 months minimum starting June 2021. All applicants must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK work permit/Visa and be eligible to take up full time & permanent employment.